Forum Member

Talking Finaly!!!!! I did it.....Again

I finnaly hit 100 post, again, that brings the offical count to 100, (unoffical to 228 posts)

now onto 1000 then 2000.............
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B
    ---------------------------------------------------

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

When all else fails USE DUCT-TAPE!!!

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

FossilMedic

Question

I am happy for you. (Not really, not a fan of mass posts.)

Noticed that the last twenty or so were done in an hour or so tonight - busting your pattern of about one post a day.

Does the webteam issue a downloadable certificate?

P. S. To answer one of your posts tonight . . . every large city requires new employees to complete the department's recruit school, regardless of your background and certifications.

You will find that the content of a large city recruit or probie school is a lot more intense than the state volunteer Firefighter I/II class you attended. Not a slam, just the way the system works.
    Last edited by MikeWard; 07-30-2004 at 10:04 PM.

Forum Member

Come back when you get 5000.

Forum Member

Come back when you get 5000.
    Yeah; and when you get that fire in your avatar put out.

Forum Member

Originally posted by MikeWard
    You will find that the content of a large city recruit or probie school is a lot more intense than the state volunteer Firefighter I/II class you attended.
    On the posts, I got bored and just wanted to do something productive (which it was really not)

On the quote, I dont get it why everyone assumes that because I am from kansas that we are all volunteers. I just got asked the other day if I knew dorthy. Well, the class that I will be taking(2005) is not a small volunteer class, it is run by The Overland Park Fire Department. (look up to see who has won the Scott FF challenge the past years) The Johnson County Community College (2nd largest in KS) and ranked top 5 in the US is the college that sponsors the fire academy.

Plus on the boston thing, If i have to move and get a job as a er tech I will do it. I plan on staying midwest or going east, not going anywhere near the west coast, too hot.
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

Forum Member

Plus, where in my original post do you see "State Volunteer Class"????
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B

FossilMedic

Default a little defensive?????

Gee whiz Mikey, just making a couple assumptions - based on what you post, what you call yourself and what gets you excited. Relax. . . .

Let me clarify. Regardless of where you recieved your firefighter I/II training it will not be the same as the training you will get in a large city recruit school. The large city recruit school includes a lot of information on how to be a firefighter in THAT city, operating under THEIR procedures/rules while using city equipment.

Some big city recruit schools may be better organized, have better instructors and be a fantastic experience beyond your initial training. Others may be snooze-fests, taught by uninspired or unqualified personnel where the biggest challenge will be to stay awake and safe.

Mike

Let's see - I guess you have not taken a firefighter I/II class yet. I have been to the OPFD, nice training facility and great people.
    Have fun in class.
    Last edited by MikeWard; 08-02-2004 at 12:11 AM.

Forum Member

Just venting, Hey have you, or anyone else participated in the OPFD firefighting saturday, a day for ff's from all over the country to come and get training and practice on props and challenges? It is allways fun to see people from other areas, I got go into a burn prop with a chief from somewhere as my nozzleman, cool stuff.
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Originally posted by CaptainMikey

Plus on the boston thing, If i have to move and get a job as a er tech I will do it. I plan on staying midwest or going east, not going anywhere near the west coast, too hot.
    That move wouldn't have anything to do with helments, would it??
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Forum Member

No, it is too hot over there, but it would be nice not to have any humidity. If I do go west, I will still get a sam houston and use it with pride. This kansas weather is just downright nasty, temps of 90 with the heat index up to 120
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B

Just North of South Central But way the hell out there

Thumbs up Re: Finaly!!!!! I did it.....Again

Originally posted by CaptainMikey
    I finnaly hit 100 post, again, that brings the offical count to 100, (unoffical to 228 posts)

now onto 1000 then 2000.............

I'm very proud of you. Not really.

Forum Member

Originally posted by ThNozzleman

Yeah; and when you get that fire in your avatar put out.

Swingh!

Thread Information