Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default yesterday was a good day..

I caught 24 hours of OT! (the 10 hour day and 14 hour night tour)

Engine 1 had only three runs for the entire 24 tour!

My new leather lid was delivered!
    Last edited by CaptainGonzo; 08-01-2004 at 04:48 PM.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Maybe you should have played the lottery, too, Cap!

MembersZone Subscriber Medic162's Avatar

Default Re: yesterday was a good day..

Originally posted by CaptainGonzo

Congrats!!!
    Brian Rowe
    Paramedic/Engineer
    Colleton County Fire/Rescue

Forum Member

Details Details, I hope you went with a Cairns, really what mfg did you use and what model?
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B
    ---------------------------------------------------

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

When all else fails USE DUCT-TAPE!!!

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

Default Good new/bad news?

Gonzo- I see the good news- OT!
    And the bad news- Leather helmet. (I am sorry)

As for the OT, come and work with me in Cali.
    I got eight 24 hour OTs in July. Yummy. I
    might just buy you a Phenix lid!

-Bou

Ps- Check out his cool photo-
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Originally posted by CaptainMikey
    Details Details, I hope you went with a Cairns, really what mfg did you use and what model?
    Cairns N5A New Yorker with Bourkes. It's more comfortable than my N6A Houston

Carved brass helmet front holder and front to be ordered tomorrow, should be "in service" in a few weeks.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Default Re: Good new/bad news?

Originally posted by CALFFBOU
    Gonzo- I see the good news- OT!
    And the bad news- Leather helmet. (I am sorry)

As for the OT, come and work with me in Cali.
    I got eight 24 hour OTs in July. Yummy. I
    might just buy you a Phenix lid!

-Bou

Ps- Check out his cool photo-
    I am looking at a Phenix leather lid as my next "purchase"...

"you can't be too rich, too thin or have too many lids!"...

My friend, Engine3Jake!
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

I am looking at a Phenix leather lid as my next "purchase"...
    What are you going to do with it? Use it as a chock block?
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

#&$(&@! Sharkie...

I'll have you know I'm now wiping my morning coffee off my computer monitor...
    IACOJ Canine Officer
    20/50

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Default Re: yesterday was a good day..

Originally posted by CaptainGonzo

So, you gonna send the old one on the West Coast Lecture tour??

And, Sharkie, You got any idea how hard it is to wipe coffee out of your keyboard with those big paws?
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Sorry guys, I saw an open door and I just had to take the opportunity to throw a zinger in there. I do love to stir the pot ya know. I am glad I had the opportunity to give you a laugh.

As for the crud in the computer devices, look at it as a an excuse to get a nice new LCD monitor or maybe even a new computer. Take that money you might spend on a Phenix chock block and put it towards a new toy adn support our economy.

Actually I looked at the Phenix a few years ago and it is a great helmet, so long as it comes from the hide of cow that so gallantly gave its life for my personal protection.

Sorry Bou. Just personal opinions and likes.
    Last edited by DaSharkie; 08-02-2004 at 02:20 PM.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

posted by "moi"

I am looking at a Phenix [size=huge]leather lid[/size] as my next "purchase"...
    Sharkie...just wanted to make sure you saw it right!

Love, the Gonz!
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Yeah, I realized it later on this afternoon, but I figured that I still made guys blow coffee all over the computer so what the heck.

You can still use it for a chock block though. It will add a sense of sophistication to an otherwise mundane job of just stopping a truck, ya know what I mean?

Thumbs up

Gonzo.............that IS a good day !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Originally posted by DaSharkie
    Yeah, I realized it later on this afternoon, but I figured that I still made guys blow coffee all over the computer so what the heck.
    Dell, IBM, Apple and all computer salespeople thank you from the bottom of their hearts!

You can still use it for a chock block though. It will add a sense of sophistication to an otherwise mundane job of just stopping a truck, ya know what I mean?
    Why use a leather when "tactical tupperware" filled with cement will do the same job?
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Good point cap. I think Bou might differ with that take on it but that's alright.

Cap - Unless you are a believer in the "saved the best for last" theory your criteria for a good day is slightly out of order... the receipt of the new leather lid should have been right at the top of the list

Thread Information