Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Littleton, Colorado, Untied States of America

Default Whatever happened to the Junior Fire Fighter Chris and the ruling?

Does anyone know about the ruling with the Pensylvania Junior Fire Fighter's death? Did his mother get the money and did he get put on the Fire Fighter Memorial in Maryland?

Also, has any Junior Fire Fighters ever been put on the Fire Fighter Memorial in Maryland?

-Jason
    Volunteer Fire Fighter
    "The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials."

"One of the greatest discoveries a man makes, one of his great surprises, is to find he can do what he was afraid he couldn't do." - Henry Ford

"Don't wait for a light to appear at the end of the tunnel, stride down there...and light the bloody thing yourself." - Sara Henderson

"The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me...the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings...to bind up the broken hearted." - The Healing One

As far as I know he was officially denied LODD benefits..

HNFC FF/President mdoddsjffhnfc's Avatar

freakin federal government...

from what i remember, his family was denied federal LODD benefits. This being because he wasn't a "Public Safety Officer" When will they understand, a department like the one that Chris served in looks to their juniors to do more than in other companies...and they are treated just like full firefighters by their peers. Same situation in my department, we have about 15 firefighters total (4 being junior members) We are looked upon to do alot more, while still following the law.

sometimes it makes me think about the people we have running this country...it makes me sick
    Firefighter, Volunteering since Oct 2001

CCFA 05-04, best overall class for 2005
    "GOOD GAME!"

‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Gonzo, when will people start using the search feature
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B
    ---------------------------------------------------

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

When all else fails USE DUCT-TAPE!!!

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

Thread Information