This past week I was in Illinois where my wife had a convention in Rosemont. Well Rosemont is only about an hour away from where I grew up in Winfield. My Dad was a volunteer with the Winfield Fire Protection District from around 1958 to 1971. So on Saturday my boys and I headed out to Winfield to check out the fire department. I had many good childhood memories of going to the fire station with my dad and wondered if they still had the full stable of Macks they once had.

We arrived about 9 o'clock in the morning and a group of firefighters was standing on the front apron. I walked up and introduced my self and mentioned my Dad had been a firefighter there and we were greeted with open arms and given the grand tour. I talked with a few of the guys there and some remembered my Dad and the grocery store he used to run there in town. I mentioned some names of guys I used to know and was brought up to date on things. All in all a great visit with a great group of guys.

By the way...only one Mack left. Heck when I was a kid Mack and fire truck meant the same thing to me. Wait a minute...they still do!!

I just thought maybe it was time for a good news type story...

Thanks to the Firefighters and Officers of the Winfield Fire Departmant.

FyredUp