Default Found this site today

Hello,

I'm just getting involved with firefighting issues from a whole different perspective. I'm slowly learning all about the problems FFs' have with their PPE. I thought i would join up and see what other issues there are concerning FF'ing PPE.

Lina
    Last edited by Lina666; 08-11-2004 at 09:07 AM.

Forum Member

Default Re: Found this site today

Originally posted by Lina666
    Hello,

I'm just getting involved with firefighting issues from a whole different perspective. I'm slowly learning all about the problems FFs' have with their PPE. I thought i would join up and see what other issues there are concerning FF'ing PPE.

Lina
    Oh Heck, you found us!

How did you do that?

Why are you getting involved with firefighting issues? Issues?

What problems are firefighters having with their PPE's?????

Talk to me lady. Enlighten us on your knowledge.

By the way welcome to da fourms!!!

Stay Safe and Well Out There....

Always remembering 9-11-2001 and 343+ Brothers

Hi Cap,

No need to get worried, when i said problems i mean things like ease of use, comfort and stuff like that.

I found you cause i was doing a serch for firefighters helmet suppliers in my country. I don't think i realised till later that this was an American site.

I'm getting involed in FF PPE because of national and International Standards. I manage a couple of standards committees dealing with FF PPE.

I never really gave any of this stuff much thought even though i have a masters in occupational health and safety. But since i got involved in it I've become very interested in the whole issue. I also have a lot more regard for what FF do. I mean it used to be just that i liked firefighters in uniform (Im only human), but ive just come to have a lot more respect for the role of the firefighter and what they stand for.

Now as for enlightening you with my knowledge...i cant cause i don't have any. Im just one big sponge soaking it all up, hence why Im here just trying to learn more from the end users perspective.

So thanks for the warm welcome. I look forward to reading and learning more.

Regards
    Lina666

Thread Information