+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 First ... 5678
    Forum Member

Since I believe in leadership by example I would have to follow the example set forth by the Vice President of my country and say "YES".
    That is pretty weak personally. Leadership by example implies that you will do what someone else does despite the fact that you think it is wrong. That is pretty bad.

In all fairness, I believed just the opposite until Cheney's actions.
    But he challenged it legally if I recall. This changes things doesn't it?
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Forum Member

Originally posted by DaSharkie

That is pretty weak personally. Leadership by example implies that you will do what someone else does despite the fact that you think it is wrong. That is pretty bad.

But he challenged it legally if I recall. This changes things doesn't it?
    Claiming Executive Privilege we now have a VP who consulted with known and convicted criminals regarding Energy policy for the US.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

MembersZone Subscriber

Part of Kerry's plan is to start taxing "heavily" at $200,000.00

That's a pretty "average" level for small business's, which are becoming the largest segment of employers.

Do you know why we put up with income tax?

Because due to the employer withholding money, you don't really notice it's gone. It's done that way on purpose. If we (as a nation) had to write a check for our income tax, we would demand change immediately. Write your Reps and Senators, tell them to abolish withholding

While we are on the subject of taxes, if we must have income tax as a means of generating wealth for the Federal Government, then a flat tax would be the most fair solution.

Even better would be to abolish the Income Tax and go to a National Sales Tax.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

"Quote"
    No, but of all the women he was accused of going after, and considering he was President of The United States of America, you would think that he would have gotten a better looking one don't you? I mean not one of them was exactly teh best looking you know what I mean?

Why must we judge a person on their physical appearance? there are a great many people who are judged to be "Plain" who have an inner beauty that far outweighs the stereotyped "Beauty queens"

Forum Member

Why must we judge a person on their physical appearance? there are a great many people who are judged to be "Plain" who have an inner beauty that far outweighs the stereotyped "Beauty queens"
    Um, because most people do not become intimately involved with someone that they do not find attractive physically and then come to enjoy their other merits.

Just me though but I could wrong. It has been known to happen on a rare occassion.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

Forum Member

Claiming Executive Privilege we now have a VP who consulted with known and convicted criminals regarding Energy policy for the US.
    Uh huh. But apparently you would do the same. Leadership by example and all.

Forum Member

Originally posted by DaSharkie

Uh huh. But apparently you would do the same. Leadership by example and all.
    I don't hear any criticism from the GOP. It must be okay.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

Forum Member

I must ask if you will ever answer a question with your own thoughts and without a smart comment? From many of the answers proctored by you I never seem to get a clear cut yes or no, just some snyde comment about how if this group says it is OK then it must be, but I don't seem to get a feel about how you feel as an individual.

Just an observation.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 First ... 5678

Thread Information