Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Forum Member

Default Kerry & Edwards Economic Plan

From their web site..

Kerry & Edwards Economic Plan

The measure of a strong economy is a growing middle-class where every American has a chance to work and an opportunity to succeed.
    In America, a rising tide is supposed to lift all boats. But today, Americans are working harder, earning less, and paying more for health care, college, and taxes. Corporate profits are soaring, the government keeps expanding, but the opportunities for our middle-class are shrinking.

It's time to bring those opportunities back. John Kerry and John Edwards know that we're stronger when we create good-paying jobs here, not ship them overseas. They want to reward hardworking middle-class families with tax breaks, not larger bills. They want to expand the reach of opportunity, not the size of government. And they want to lead an America where we work together to invest in the jobs of tomorrow.

John Kerry and John Edwards have seen the faces and heard the voices of struggling middle-class families. But they've come away convinced more than ever that we're a country of optimists - a country that can do better and think bigger about the challenges we face. We can grow our economy by strengthening our middle-class. And we can make America richer by giving everyone a chance to build a better life for their families.

John Kerry and John Edwards' plan to build a stronger economy will:

Create Good-Paying Jobs
    As president, John Kerry will cut taxes for businesses that create jobs here in America instead of moving them overseas. John Kerry and John Edwards will also stand up for workers by enforcing our trade agreements.

Cut Middle-Class Taxes To Raise Middle-Class Incomes
    When John Kerry is president, middle-class taxes will go down. Ninety-eight percent of all Americans and 99 percent of American businesses will get a tax cut under the Kerry-Edwards plan.

Make Washington Live Within A Budget
    John Kerry will cut the deficit in half during his first four years in office. He will end corporate welfare as we know it, roll back the Bush tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans, and impose a real cap to keep spending in check. And when John Kerry puts forward a new idea, he'll tell you how he's going to pay for it.

Invest In The Jobs Of Tomorrow
    Today, businesses are harnessing new technology to manufacture energy-efficient cars, high-grade steel, advanced plastics and other new products. And this requires a bigger, skilled labor force to make them. John Kerry and John Edwards believe we should invest in these jobs and invest in the people who will fill them.
    ______________________________ __________________________

i like this one

"When John Kerry is president, middle-class taxes will go down. Ninety-eight percent of all Americans and 99 percent of American businesses will get a tax cut under the Kerry-Edwards plan."

and this one..

"and impose a real cap to keep spending in check. And when John Kerry puts forward a new idea, he'll tell you how he's going to pay for it."

and then ad this..

programs and more money for.. teachers, students, schools, head start, no child left behind, the environment, aids, company's that don't out source, fire and police, home land security, retrain the unemployed, health plan for everyone, provide better equipment for the military, add 40,000 more soldiers around the world and "Cut Taxes For All Who Make Under $200.000 A Year" ..and now more money for the Grand Canyon,

HOW COULD YOU NOT VOTE FOR THESE GUYS?
    Last edited by StoveBolt; 08-10-2004 at 09:39 AM.
    SB (Local 1355 retired)

Forum Member

Under his new plan will Ms Ketsup have to pay taxes on her $2,800,000 bond interest? Why doesn't his wife pay her "fair" share? In fact why don't the two of them donate all but $100,000 to the poor and show by their actions how much they really care. Don't hold your breath.

Do people really believe this stuff? I'm going to cut taxes on businesses, cut taxes on 98% of Americans, yet somehow, I'm going to spend more money on everything else.

Mr. Kerry, where the he!! are you going to get the money to pay for these things while cutting taxes? In simple English please.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

Yes, there are tens of millions of people that think that you can get something for nothing and they will vote for him in droves. Look at the figures. A real small % of the people pay the bills and will continue to do so.

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Thumbs down Re: Kerry & Edwards Economic Plan

Originally posted by StoveBolt
    From their web site..

Kerry & Edwards lackofaworkable Economic Plan

HOW COULD YOU NOT VOTE FOR THESE GUYS?

Easy, I'll just pull the lever for the other guys.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

What kills me about John Kerry (I don't know enough about John Edward's record) is that he has been in the Senate for just 19 1/2 years and yet all of a sudden jobs leaving for China and other nations are all of a sudden a problem for America. They have been leaving in droves for the past 30 years, and now he wants to stop it? Where was his opposition and attempts to stop this in the past 19 1/2 years?

He is against the current level of deficits, as am I, and yet everyone blames President Bush, but remember folks it is Congress that controls the pursestrings. The President may be partially to blame but John Kerry is also partly to blame, as is Mr. Edwards. Face the music here boys and accept your part in the current fiscal dilemma.

Exactly how does a President create "good paying jobs?" I would like to know this. An economy drives a business's need for more employees due an increased demand for its products. All of the corporate tax cuts in the world aren't going to do any short term good and little long term good if people do not want a product or are not buying a product. Unless Mr. Kerry plans on expanding government thereby creating a need for more government employees
    John Kerry will have little credit in the actual creation of jobs.

As for tax cuts, a president can say he will cut taxes all that he wants, but it takes an act of Congress to do it (literally). That being said, regardless of anyone's party I laugh when they say this, and I laugh at the ease with which people accept this. The former President Bush signed tax hikes into law (and took a beating for it) but Congress actually passed the laws requiring tax hikes, President George H. W. Bush signed them into law - again making both culpable in raising taxes.

As for No Child Left Behind - well again, Congress writes the budget. The President submitted his budget (fully funding a program or not) but Congress voted on the budget not fully funding it adn the President signed it. Both are culpable but this is not noted, only the President is blamed for not funding it. Where were Kerry and Edwards when the Congress was voting to not fund the law?

As for Mrs. Heinz-Kerry giving up all of their money but a small amount - no liberal....er, ah...excuse me they like to be called "prgressive" now... will ever do so. Think of all of the hundreds of millions of dollars that are amasses in personal wealth out there. If some of this was given to train, educate, build, or whatever much of the problem would be solved. Instead, the government should do it, not the indivuduals with the financial wherewithall to do so. Think if John Kerry gave all of his millions to the Massachusetts public schools to help build new building, buy computers, books, and equipment, how much better off the students would be, alas it will not be done. Think if Rupert Murdock (sp?) did the same, or Ted Turner, or Ted Kennedy, or Bill Gates (who, incidentally, gives a large - VERY LARGE - portion of his annual salary adn stock options to his own philanthropic foundation), or many of the other multi millionaires out there that whine about the poor state of government supplying for the people.

I have come to believe that liberals will never solve the issues that are so "near and dear" ot them, if they did, then they would have no other issues to run on for election.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Default hey kids...when you vote remember this...

Republican and Democratic Administrations have done the same thing over the last 30 years....

Promise the world, deliver a few pebbles and say "job well done..."
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

Longer than that, Cap. Keep in mind that NO president from EITHER party has ever created a private sector job, period. If you fall for that line you are a fool.

Cool

Maybe that is the "economic" plan they propose, tax from the rich i.e. any person not on welfare, and create a whole slew of brand new public sector jobs. Remember this, the Soviet Union had 0% unemployment, and 100% public sector work.

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking Uhhhh.........

Originally posted by jasper45
    Remember this, the Soviet Union had 0% unemployment, and 100% public sector work.
    Would that mean no more Firefighter layoffs??
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

How can anyone believe anything Kerry says? He will flip and say just the opposite tomorrow. My one little vote will be for W.

Forum Member

"...and we thank you for your support."

And don't forget, as of yeterday John Kerry would have voted to support the war. And just what in he!! did you vote for in the Fall of 2002?

This guy amazes me. For an educated person, he just doesn't exactly say the brightest things.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

Forum Member FireCapt1951retired's Avatar

I find it quite ironic that Hanoi John has come forward with all these economic idea's. My only questions are.

1. What the he!! has he been doing for the last 20 years in Congress besides sitting on his duff and never bringing any major legislation to the floor, economic or otherwise?

2. Where do you believe he'll get all the funds for everything he's promised everyone?

4. If it is our misfortune to have him as President, will you invest in a company that produces botox (not sure of the correct spelling)?

3. Is it just me or does Hanoi John look a little like Herman Munster without the neck bolts?

Forum Member

Lt,

1. Voted to raise taxes 350 times.

2. See number 1

3. Definately, it will probably be the only industry that survives.

4. Yes, but I imagine Herman would be offended.

2. Where do you believe he'll get all the funds for everything he's promised everyone?
    If he's anything like NJ's Dem. Governor, he'll just borrow it and let future generations pay it off.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

If he's anything like NJ's Dem. Governor, he'll just borrow it and let future generations pay it off.
    And there I was thinking that only Republicans wanted to pass on expenditures and deficits to future generations. Yup, not a shred fo difference between them.

MembersZone Subscriber

Unhappy

Like all politicians, they spend the time running up to the election telling us what good things they will do when they are elected, then spend the next four years telling us why it was not their fault that they couldnt do what they promised.

MembersZone Subscriber

Angry W. Has my vote!

I hope that everyone votes based on the big picture, on the things that really determine our quality of life. Not because the Democrats promise to support the IAFF, which lies and says that we all support Kerry. I have seen too many people, vote based on one issue like abortion for example, that is crazy.
    I work in a state that is dominated by Democrats and always has been. Our salaries are slipping along with our benefits and staffing. The Democrats just lie about where they are going to spend our money just to buy votes needed from certain areas, then they raise taxes!
    I am also in the Reserves, Clinton always used up munition for his diversions from Monica and never replaced them. Therefore when we went to the Gulf this time we really didn't have the supplies that we should have. We got the job done, but we should have been better equipt. And look at the way things are now, beating on Bush for not bringing home the guy's in the sand. If the military hadn't been cut so bad under Clinton, he would have more troops to rotate around.

If the Liberal media was not everywhere over there, we could also make a lot more progress getting rid of the problems we are now facing.
    Last edited by Firescrapper96; 08-16-2004 at 09:00 PM.

Ron,
    I couldnt have said it better myself !!!!!!!!! and I think that goes for them all no matter what level they are (local, county, regional, federal) ............
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Thread Information