Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FDNY Ryders

according the the article, the second collapse unit is going to be stored with Ladder 132. Rescue 2 makes more sense to me, but i'm only going with what i have read.

according to the numbers provided by Vinnie, the Collapse unit responded to an average of 1 collapse every other day, and has a working collapse on average every 4 days. is it really worth it to spend all the money on a temporary unit when they only go to work every 4 days to rescue someone?

oh and for the record, you Staten Island is part of New York. We consider that land fill to be a shining example of New York City. and the Statue of Liberty is also in New Jersey, in case you were confused about it
    Last edited by DrParasite; 08-12-2004 at 02:42 PM.
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Originally posted by DrParasite
    oh and for the record, you Staten Island is part of New York. We consider that land fill to be a shining example of New York City. and the Statue of Liberty is also in New Jersey, in case you were confused about it

NO NO NO NO NO!....You can keep Staten Island! It smells more like NJ. And is the bright and gleaming example of Newark, Jersey City, and AC.

You got us on the Statue though...I think the border goes right through the middle.....?
    IACOJ Member

Tell ya what, you can take Staten Island, The Jets, and the Giants. We'll keep the Statue of Liberty.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Oh..that dog just ain't gonna hunt.... ....Tell you what....Sink Staten Island.....Keep the Jets, and Giants,,,,we'll give you the Mets, Islanders, and Knicks too...we get the Statue.
    IACOJ Member

Forum Member

I appreciate the case law, as was stated, its always good to have hard facts in front of you. The facts I was poorly trying to articulate is that #1- I was always told lights on, sirens on- we may not all follow this but it is opening the door to a law suit if the siren isnt even installed- I may have been instructed wrong, so I forgive me if I am wrong. #2- This unit was put in place because the city presumably saw a need, meaning it will have more than one or two responses. If I were driving a large vehicle to the scene of an emergency, large being as I stated 10-15 tons, I would want as much warning to get people out of my way, and as much protection from liability- they always say, CYA. These units are not a waste- the city always has a use for excess vehicles, they have always found a use for old vehicles, from the old mack engines being converted to decon units, etc.

I understand no one wants the Jets, Knicks, Rangers, etc., but the Giants? Come on boys, we finally got a QB!!!

Originally posted by orangehopeful
    I understand no one wants the Jets, Knicks, Rangers, etc., but the Giants? Come on boys, we finally got a QB!!!
    WOOOOOOOOOWWWW.....Hey I said the Islanders not the Rangers!!! Send the Isles to NJ! or anywere for that matter....Hey Canada needs a new team!!!
    IACOJ Member

Vinnie, can I sweeten the deal with an ex-Governor?
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Default Spirit Of Oklahoma

What are they doing with the spirit of oklahoma? Have not seen it assigned to any unit and looks like it would be a much better solution to the problem. But this is comming from the outside. Maybe some FDNY guys could provide some insight.

Originally posted by Bones42
    Vinnie, can I sweeten the deal with an ex-Governor?

HA! OH HEL* NO!.....NO WAY!!!!! This deals gone sour!
    IACOJ Member

Thread Information