Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Pakistani arrested for filming buildings

Pakistani arrested for videotaping buildings; unclear if he's terror suspect

CHARLOTTE, N.C. A Pakistani man who was taken into custody for filming skyscrapers in Charlotte, North Carolina faces a detention hearing on Friday. But it's still not clear if authorities consider him a terror suspect.

Kamran Akhtar is charged with violating federal immigration and naturalization laws and making a false statement. Authorities say he was scheduled for deportation seven years ago.

One official says Akhtar is a possible suspect in other crimes, but refused to elaborate.

He was arrested July 20th after a police officer spotted him making a videotape of the 60-story Bank of America headquarters and another downtown skyscraper.

Videotapes found in his possession included footage of buildings and transit systems in Atlanta, Houston, Dallas, New Orleans and Austin, Texas.
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking Well.........

Let me guess.... He's a window washing contractor, working on a new bid for those buildings?
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Harve, I know that your post was tongue in cheek, but I get a feeling that there will be someone here that will try to justify this individuals actions...
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

Of course he wasn't a terrorist!

Terrorists do no exist. They are a figment of the imagination created by George Bush and all the republicans to scare people into voting for them! That whole 9/11 thing...never happened either!

side note: If anyone took this post serious, step away from the computer and take a couple shots of tequila with some Guinness as a chaser
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Just give him the sure fire test.

Stick a stick of dynamite up his butt and if he screams he is a terroist. Oh heck just lit the fuse anyway and we will save keeping him is jail and supporting his family!!

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking Wow.....................

Some HARD people out there. Sad part is, Some smart lawer will try everything in the book to get him off. But, that's America. I'd really like to see how the framers of our Constitution would adapt to today's realities.
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Default Re: Wow.....................

Originally posted by hwoods
    Some smart lawer will try everything in the book to get him off.
    Chief they are not lawyers!
    Repeat after me they are Law Whores,Law Whores not lawyers Law Whores.
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Forum Member

Awaiting deportation for seven years?
    Send him back, now, with a broken leg or two!

I don't know if it's me or if the media sympathizes with these people. A lot of liberals would want you to think this person is an innocent victim of Bush's Patriot Act. Notice the headline "Pakistani arrested for videotaping building." That is a LIE. He was arrested for violating federal immigration laws and lying to police.

Terrorist May Use Ambulances As A Camouflage For A Bomb

WAR ON TERRORISM ó In an exclusive ABC News' Good Morning America report we are learning of chilling new tactics for terrorist. They are using ambulances for bomb attacks. Several recent mysterious events have officials concerned.

New Jersey Counter Terrorism Director Sidney Caspersen says, "We issued an Infrastructure Advisory Bulletin indicating that we had information from a variety of incidences that occurred in New Jersey, three that involved ambulances."

In one case a man who said he was from Pakistan who attended an open house at an ambulance squad in suburban New Jersey raised questions. The bulletin said he appeared very nervous and was only interested in the speed of the vehicles and the use of lights and sirens.

The second case in the document described a man in a nearby location taking notes in the parking lot of an ambulance company.

The third incident involved three individuals who approached an ambulance company wanting to join in. They were all of Middle Eastern decent and they wanted to know how soon they could be certified as ambulance drivers and if they paid extra money, if it could happen sooner.

And, as recently as this weekend, ABC News has learned that a person approached ambulance workers in New York City asking how someone would go about buying an ambulance, raising further suspicions.

In America we are taught to give ambulances the utmost respect and to get out of their way, pretty much letting them go wherever they want. And, that is what makes them such an attractive delivery device for terrorists, but now ambulance companies are making changes.

Matthew Harrison of Transcare, an ambulance company says, "We are on the lookout for anyone who shows an unusual interest in how to acquire an ambulance or where to get an ambulance. Questions that would indicate they have an interest beyond simply the natural curiosity about an ambulance."

Are we still falsely profiling?
    My posts reflect my views and opinions, not the organization I work for or my IAFF local. Some of which they may not agree. I.A.C.O.J. member
    "I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788
    Elevator Rescue Information

MembersZone Subscriber

Are we still falsely profiling?
    Sometimes profiling works in the opposite manner. It is easy to get tunnel vision. For example...

At that same "open house", how many other people do you suppose were asking questions about that bus? Could one of them been a member of ALF/ELF or the NARL? These groups have extensive histories of bombing targets also. If Timothy McVeigh had come to your firehouse and was asking questions, would you have called the PD? Or, as a veteran would you have invited him for a cup of coffee? He could just as easily used a bus as he did a Ryder Truck.

When I worked EMS in New beunswick or Jersey City, I never would have left the bus idling unattended outside the ED. But how many of you in God's Country think nothing of it? Many of these anarchists are kids that live next door to some of you who would never raise a suspicion.

You need to secure your facilities because it is the right thing to do, ot because of any particular racial/ethnic group.

Thanks, George........ A few of us tried to say the same thing in another thread...........

Thread Information