Forum Member

Guess I should have said it a little better...by not needing helicopters I meant not needing them to come to a scene to fly patients to the hospitals. I can understand their use outside the city, but have a hard time thinking they are landing helicopters in the center of the city for trauma scenes.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

I'm seeing a lot of similar arrangements to ours described here. Countywide, we have ten predesignated LZ's w/coordinates all ready to go at 911. This includes four school sports fields, several farm fields, etc.

Here's HealthNet III out of Cabell-Huntington (WV) Hospital, parking at Highland Elementary for a patient out of a rollover MVC.
    I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

We have a couple of stations here in East Texas that have enough room for a helipad to where a copter can approach and leave safely. They went the whole nine yards with a slab, lights, red cross in the middle with the white H in it, and even had the FAA come by and look for their approval.

Ed
    I.A.C.O.J.-Member

"The only difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits".-Albert Einstien

"If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door"-Milton Berle

Forum Member

Originally posted by Bones42
    Guess I should have said it a little better...by not needing helicopters I meant not needing them to come to a scene to fly patients to the hospitals. I can understand their use outside the city, but have a hard time thinking they are landing helicopters in the center of the city for trauma scenes.
    Sorry, Bones. I knew what you meant. I was just expanding on our large duplication of services in this area......... It's all about the money when it comes to hospitals.......

Every once in awhile we may get a helicopter dispatched into Toledo, but it's usually on extended extrications on "the outskirts"........ Most of the stuff is taken in by the Lifesquads to the closest Trauma Center........

Thread Information