Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default NFPA Reports State-by-State Findings Of Fire Department Needs And Response Capabiliti

Has anyone read the ARTICLE on the front page and/or looked at the results for Ohio? What's your thoughts? Do you know if your FD submitted a completed survey?

MembersZone Subscriber

I'm going to print the Ohio stuff and look it over more in depth tonight.

Some random thoughts from a quick going-over of it:

I'd be interested to see a survey on the level of training/certification for fire and EMS along these same population breakdowns.

I know in this area, there is no department that could handle a building collapse with 50 patients by themselves. Even the biggest department would need mutual aid for station fill-ins and probably ambulances

(Which brings up another couple questions: Roughly how many transport units can LCEMS call up in a timely manner for a major incident? Do you guys have a list of county departments with transport capable ambulances?)

I'll post some more later...
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

Moe, we don't have a list, per se, but we know who does and does not transport. It would be very dependent on where it happened and what people requested. For example, in your neck of the woods, you would be getting oodles of private busses, and then whatever else you requested (I'm guessing a few from Michigan). If it was something in Oregon, well, it's hard to say, but I'm sure they would have their 3, JTF (which I believe has 2), Probably at least 1 from Northwood (depending on where in the city), and Maybe Allen-Clay, along with privates.

Once you get west towards Maumee, it gets a little better as far as Lucas County FD's, because you'll start to get Maumee, Monclova, Springfield, Spencer (ha ha), plus some Wood County (PB City and Twp)

MembersZone Subscriber WTFDChief730's Avatar

When I get a chance, I'll review it...I know one thing, Waterville VFD has a great need to bust their city budget for a $800,000 ladder truck..go figure . I would sure like to know how they sold that one to their city leaders during these tight budget times.
    Last edited by WTFDChief730; 08-16-2004 at 03:07 PM.

Originally posted by WTFDChief730
    When I get a chance, I'll review it...I know one thing, Waterville VFD has a great need to bust their city budget for a $800,000 ladder truck..go figure . I would sure like to know how they sold that one to their city leaders during these tight budget times.
    I was kinda wondering the same thing, Chief....... It took us forever to convince our illustrious city leaders to give us that much for a station (which isn't even going to be enough), much less get them to spend that much on a ladder truck, even though we need one probably more than Waterville does......

to spend that much on a ladder truck, even though we need one probably more than Waterville does......
    ...............no you dont we are right next door .........Northwood #3 !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Originally posted by Weruj1
    ...............no you dont we are right next door .........Northwood #3 !
    We need it for #2's also...... And a 100' one....... Besides, if some of the places go up, we're gonna need more than one!

Thread Information