Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default In need of money

I'm the Lt. for my explorer post in garland texas . And I was wondering if we could recive grant money. And how

Forum Member

Uh... um... doesn't each post get so much money every year? For like gear, air packs, masks, training stuff. cause i remember my post had like 5 g's we hadnt spent for the year and we had to spend it, so we got like new dress clothes like EMT pants and dress shirts and some other shirt dealio. I duno I might be wrong it might just be our post too. :/
    Kat

Champaign Explorer Post 207

Consider yourself lucky if your post is in the FDís budget. (Money is so tight here, we will be loosing all of our dispatchers within a few months.) We do all our own fundraising. We also get some gear donated by neighboring departments.

Uh... um... doesn't each post get so much money every year? For like gear, air packs, masks, training stuff. cause i remember my post had like 5 g's we hadnt spent for the year and we had to spend it, so we got like new dress clothes like EMT pants and dress shirts and some other shirt dealio. I duno I might be wrong it might just be our post too. :/
    My parents support the local FDs, support the junior programs, but would be outraged if taxpayers money were given to Cadets/Juniors/Explorers, ETC. You're group is extremely lucky to have received five thousand dollars.

On the topic of BA, and masks, why do you need them? You shouldn't be in an IDLH (almost said LDH ) environment, or in any other environment that requires BA. Are you really that close to where you need it? I'd hope not.

Are any members of your group First Responders? How many are CPR Certified? What is your training made up of? Just reading books? Ever had any speakers come? With a five thousand dollar budget, I'd like to know what you have received.

On another note, ever heard of Netiquette? A.K.A. Net Etiquette? Please use it. It makes posts much easier to read when properly written.

Forum Member

We have our meeting at the Illinois Fire Service institute, so our meetings usually consist of burns and doing hands on stuff and they already have all the books there! The stuff we need they have there
    Kat

Champaign Explorer Post 207

If they are providing what you need, what does the "training" section of the budget consist of???

Thread Information