Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 613141516
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Acklan View Post
    Riding a garbage truck
    Digging a ditch
    Detailing cars Not in my car he won't
    Delivering pizza
    IT for a big internet security company Or DHS even

There are many jobs that can be done, or here is a novel concept... start their own business. Then they can hire all the felons they wish, or not.

How about this. I am speaking from a citizen's prospective.
    I do not want someone who is convicted of sex crimes touching me or my family!
    I do not want someone who has committed burglar coming into my house!
    I do not want a person convicted of drug crimes driving a government own vehicle!
    Nobody is talking about hiring those felons.

I do not want someone who has committed computer crimes with access to my personal electronic or printed data!
    I do want my elected officials to protect me from felon by NOT allowing them to be in a position to abuse the public trust! Period.You mean like a Mayor, Congressman, or Senator
    And when it comes to computer crimes it gets real fuzzy. For instance, I'm setting in NY attacking a computer in Germany. What laws apply??? Who prosecutes??

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefKN View Post
    Manufacturing
    Farming
    Construction & Building trades
    Mechanical work

There are only a few million of these jobs in the US.

To name a few
    GREAT!! You don't want them putting out fires but they can work on and build your home and you will let them handle your food. Do your really want an ex-felon building your car if he can't be trusted to put out a fire?

Banned

Then you did not use the jury progress as intended. Have you heard of "Jury Nullification"? If you believe the charge was bad you had the chance to correct a wrong. If you had "reasonable doubt" you should have voted not guilty.
    Sad little man.
    The job of the jury is to determine if a crime was committed. Based on the admissions a crime was committed. Just because you disagree with a law does not mean you get to say not guilty.

Banned

You are proving our point. Cocaine addict and governed one of the largest cities in the country in to the ground .
    AND Mayors, Senators, Congressman and Presidents have far more of the public trust than anyone. If they can those public service jobs then all other jobs are open game as well.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by ScareCrow57 View Post
    And when it comes to computer crimes it gets real fuzzy. For instance, I'm setting in NY attacking a computer in Germany. What laws apply??? Who prosecutes??
    I have read cases where American citizens have had sex with under age girls in Asia and were prosecuted in the US for the crime. It appears the US has a law that certain crimes that are legal over seas but illegal here can be prosecuted under US law. I would guess if were illegal the two governments would work out the details on prosecution, and extradition. More on point, which you have a hard time staying on, I could care less what happens in Germany. I am worried about US felons not German, and I do not want them working in FD\EMS\LE. That simple.

I do not want someone who has committed computer crimes with access to my personal electronic or printed data!
    I do want my elected officials to protect me from felon by NOT allowing them to be in a position to abuse the public trust! Period.You mean like a Mayor, Congressman, or Senator
    I could go for banning them from running for office. No problem.

MembersZone Subscriber

AND Mayors, Senators, Congressman and Presidents have far more of the public trust than anyone. If they can those public service jobs then all other jobs are open game as well.
    See last post.

You take great pains to point out how bad my grammar and spelling is, why not take some of your own advise. I am a 10 grade drop out, you are a multi-degree graduate, what is your excuse?

MembersZone Subscriber

Get one in before the door is locked. Considering the recent content, I can hear the WT's keys rattling.

GREAT!! You don't want them putting out fires but they can work on and build your home and you will let them handle your food. Do your really want an ex-felon building your car if he can't be trusted to put out a fire?
    If firefighters merely put out fires, then you might have a point.

I realize it's unfair to expect that you would know what firefighters do.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

I just hope none of you are in positions of oversight in your departments. If so, I certainly wouldn't want to be a part of that department as I question your ability to make rational decisions.

How could you when you are not even willing to hear all sides of a matter before drawing your conclusions.

"Whoever gives an answer before he listens is stupid and shameful." - King Solomon

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by FirefighterBo View Post
    I just hope none of you are in positions of oversight in your departments. If so, I certainly wouldn't want to be a part of that department as I question your ability to make rational decisions.
    I highly doubt you would survive most departments.

How could you when you are not even willing to hear all sides of a matter before drawing your conclusions.

"Whoever gives an answer before he listens is stupid and shameful." - King Solomon
    The question was asked and, upon conviction, answered by 12 of his fellow citizens.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGonzo View Post
    Nice shot at the one with "brains of straw"....

As far as detailing cars.. I do that as a paying hobby. Thee are many things one can find in a car...

I have found change and cash, jewelry and firearms in cars I have detailed. I put any items that I find in ziplock bags of various sizes and return the itms to my clients.

Someone who is not trustworthy... these things can "disappear"...
    Ironic he has no problem putting a guy into IT security but will not allow them to fight fire. He apparently doesn't understand that a hacker with bad intent can ruin your life.

MembersZone Subscriber

Ironic he has no problem putting a guy into IT security but will not allow them to fight fire. He apparently doesn't understand that a hacker with bad intent can ruin your life.
    Once again Mr Kerry you flip flop. You have a problem, now, with felons in the IT business when not too many posts back you had no problem with them in IT. Now you warned about them wrecking havoc. You were for them before you were against them.
    Trying to follow you, going back and forth, is like watching the Japanese Olympic Ping Pong team. You can hurt your neck if you try to watch every turn of the ball.

Banned

Once again Mr Kerry you flip flop. You have a problem, now, with felons in the IT business when not too many posts back you had no problem with them in IT. Now you warned about them wrecking havoc. You were for them before you were against them.
    Trying to follow you, going back and forth, is like watching the Japanese Olympic Ping Pong team. You can hurt your neck if you try to watch every turn of the ball.
    There is no flip flop. Read the thread and try to keep up.

MembersZone Subscriber

Not to worry, you'd not have a chance. Not to mention as Acklan noted, your obvious attitude would cause you to be chewed up and spit out very quickly.

Why does another person need to hear your story, when twelve have and have all unanimously decided you're guilty? What makes us so much better than a jury of your peers? What gives us the right to vacate the court's ruling? Who's putting us on a pedestal now?

Quote Originally Posted by RFDACM02 View Post
    Not to worry, you'd not have a chance. Not to mention as Acklan noted, your obvious attitude would cause you to be chewed up and spit out very quickly.
    If you say so...

Quote Originally Posted by RFDACM02 View Post
    Why does another person need to hear your story, when twelve have and have all unanimously decided you're guilty? What makes us so much better than a jury of your peers? What gives us the right to vacate the court's ruling? Who's putting us on a pedestal now?
    How do YOU know 12 unanimously decided the person was guilty without asking any questions. We've been down this road before. Yes, technically a guilty plea is an admission of guilt but under what circumstances was it given.

In my job I regulary make decisions to accept or decline applications. I have the authority to bind millions of dollars in coverage. Yes, I have "guidelines" that I must work within when making decisions but I guarantee, I would be remiss and ineffective if I didn't at least give every applicant a fair hearing. How many applications do you think I see that have credit issues, previous claims, poor financial conditions etc. Again, I work within guidelines and expections are routinely made based on what my investigation determines.
    Last edited by JasperPup; 07-21-2010 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JasperPup View Post
    How do YOU know 12 unanimously decided the person was guilty without asking any questions.
    What are you trying to say here? Are you questioning if the jury was unanimous? Exactly how is this even important to the discussion? To answer your question, yes, the jury must be unanimous to convict someone of a felony in just about every state that I'm aware of.

We've been down this road before. Yes, technically a guilty plea is an admission of guilt but under what circumstances was it given.
    Again, the legal system is not perfect. However, what are YOU going to ask the convicted rapist, arsonist, murderer, etc..etc... that will give you confidence that he was wrongly convicted?

In my job I regulary make decisions to accept or decline applications. I have the authority to bind millions of dollars in coverage. Yes, I have "guidelines" that I must work within when making decisions but I guarantee, I would be remiss and ineffective if I didn't at least give every applicant a fair hearing. How many applications do you think I see that have credit issues, previous claims poor financial conditions etc. Again, I work within guidelines, not rules and expections are routinely made based on what my investigation determines.
    How wonderful for you. In my job I have 1500 employees and an operating annual budget of $196 Million dollars under my direction.

The topic is convicted felons.
    Last edited by ChiefKN; 07-21-2010 at 09:44 AM.
    I am now a past chief and the views, opinions, and comments are mine and mine alone. I do not speak for any department or in any official capacity. Although, they would be smart to listen to me.

"The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it's still on the list."

"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the Fire Department usually uses water."

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by JasperPup View Post
    Blah blah blah
    You said you were done, but yet you are still posting and arguing. What credibility do you have when you can't even follow "I quit!" with actually quitting?
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

What are you trying to say here? Are you questioning if the jury was unanimous? Exactly how is this even important to the discussion? To answer your question, yes, the jury must be unanimous to convict someone of a felony in just about every state that I'm aware of.
    No, for the 1,000th time if it did not go to trial then you are not convicted by twelve of your peers. Twelve of your peers have not examined any of the evidence for or against your charge.

People like you, however, would never know that because your refuse to ask a single friggin question of the applicant. You see a record and assume this dude is a bad nasty evil guy.

How wonderful for you. In my job I have 1500 employees and an operating annual budget of $196 Million dollars under my direction.
    That was not an invitation to compare d**k size there chief. The point was simply that I would be remiss and ineffective in my duties if I did not ask a few simple questions when my clients have some apparent negative marks against them.
    Last edited by JasperPup; 07-21-2010 at 10:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusKspn View Post
    You said you were done, but yet you are still posting and arguing. What credibility do you have when you can't even follow "I quit!" with actually quitting?
    Well, if you actually read my posts you would see that I said I was tired of trying to explain it. I did not say I would never post to the thread again.

Fortunately, for me, I'm not trying to impress you.

Administrator

Default Thread to be closed

This thread is now off-topic and will be closed.

Thread Information