Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    MembersZone Subscriber mcaldwell's Avatar

I just read a story on the front page about how a fire station was looted after the storm. Nothing like a couple of Jack *****es to restore the "lack" of faith in our fellow man.

Anyway, I know you guys will be pulling together and dealing with this mess for a while. Our best wishes are with you, and if there is any way for us to help contribute from up here, you can bet we'll do it.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Forum Member

My Dad and brother-in-law are heading back over to Port Charlotte today to assess any damage to my parents house. I hope they find everything intact, but with what I have been reading and seeing on the news, I expect them to have quite a lot of damage.

Tanker
    I.A.C.O.J. Firefighter/EMT-B

"I'm gonna drill a hole in your skull and pump out all the stupidity"
    Gunny Ermey

"Never underestimate the Power of Stupid People in Large Groups"

Humpty Dumpty was pushed

Polishing the Chrome on all the IACOJ "apparati"

MembersZone Subscriber ChiefReason's Avatar

Talk about your irony.
    I hadn't heard from my sister and brother-in-law for sometime and then last week, I got an email from my brother-in-law, a Baptist minister and he told me that they were OK and that they were staying put and putting their trust into God's hands.
    I emailed him back and told him that, though his faith in God was commendable, I would sooner put MY faith into the hands of a top meteorologist.
    I received word on Saturday that their house had been damaged to the extent that they had to evacuate.
    They are fine, but the house is a shambles.
    Keep the faith.
    CR
    Visit www.iacoj.com
    Remember Bradley Golden (9/25/01)
    RIP HOF Robert J. Compton(ENG6511)

Forum Member

Originally posted by mcaldwell
    I just read a story on the front page about how a fire station was looted after the storm. Nothing like a couple of Jack *****es to restore the "lack" of faith in our fellow man.

Anyway, I know you guys will be pulling together and dealing with this mess for a while. Our best wishes are with you, and if there is any way for us to help contribute from up here, you can bet we'll do it.
    Yeah, Charlotte County Station 8 got some computers stolen, where are they going to hook them up to?

As of now, most of the stations are being manned by Miami-Dade units, due to the fact that Charlotte's units got damaged.
    Last edited by Gx7E10; 08-17-2004 at 09:47 PM.

Thread Information