MembersZone Subscriber

Angry Lack of participation

Whats with firefighters in Oregon? I am trying to put together a water-ball tournament, and sent out invitations to 46 departments throughout Southern Oregon. How many replies have I gotten since mailing them almost a month ago? Nada, zip, zero, none. Maybe it was the entry fee of $60.00 per team. We were asking a entry fee to pay for the event, provide a custom t-shirt, steak dinner and classy trophies for the winners. So, if any of you folks reading this are from one of the departments that received an invitation, wassup??

Forum Member

Default I'm not from Oregaon, so I didn't get one but...

1) What is water-ball?
    2) are they paid or volunteer? if volunteer, whomever might have gotten the mail yet. or they don't know #6, and havn't responded
    3) did you specify what the entry fee was for? if not, they might think it's money that could be spent better elsewhere.
    4) maybe there members have other things that need to take precedence over a tournament (like answering calls)
    5) it might be too far for them to travel, especially considering #6
    6) They might not know what a water-ball tournament is
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

FF/EMT/DBP

Forum Member

Maybe they just don't like Waterball............. or maybe they don't like you!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by firenresq77
    Maybe they just don't like Waterball............. or maybe they don't like you!!
    Must be afraid of losing, can't be because they don't like me.

Forum Member

As asked previously, What is "waterball"???????????

Forum Member

Waterball is a "game" for firefighters. Take 2 poles that are inserted into the ground and a cable is strung between them at the top. A ball is hooked to the cable so it slides back and forth. 2 teams participate, with one at each end and each has a hose line. The teams compete to try to push the ball into the opposing teams half of the "field", by either pushing the ball directly or interrupting the other team's hose stream, then pushing........

Forum Member

Kind of like a keg fight. You should have more competitions than just waterball
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B
    ---------------------------------------------------

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

When all else fails USE DUCT-TAPE!!!

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

Forum Member

In this area, we play water ball on the ground. Put fences on both sides and a painted line on the end of the fences. The ball is placed on something so it can't roll away before the games starts, objective is to put it over the opponents side, or kept on their half of the court when the whistle blows to signal time is up.

Every year for our fire muster, we have water ball, midnight fire alarm, and a bucket brigade competition.
    -Bozz

Air Force Medic

Forum Member

Here in NW Ohio it is very hit or miss ..........some departments like to play and some dont.
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Thread Information