Forum Member

Unhappy Concern For My Grant Narrative

So far my department has yet to recieve any FEMA grant but I realize it is rather early in the process for this year's awards. I can't help but think that maybe there's something I'm not doing right, wording correctly or something that keeps us from getting funded.

I am looking for someone outside that would be willing to look over my narrative and offer any suggestions that would point me in the right direction just in case we go 0-4.

Any big-hearted folks with spare time on their hands able to help?
    "It ain't the age honey, it's the mileage"-Indiana Jones

MembersZone Subscriber

Default No Problem.....

George,

I am by no means an expert (there are many more on the board better than I), but I am 2 for 3 so far.

I wouldn't mind taking a look at your application and see if there is anything that jumps out at me. But I would need to see the entire app (not just the naritive) because there could be issues there as well, depending on how you answer some of those questions...

If interested let me know your e-mail and we can work out the details...

Scott
    Ahwaga Ladder Co# 5
    "We still Live!"

choffd

Ditto for me. While I am not an expert, I have had some success in this program for my department and several others. If you would like a review of your app, send a copy in its entirety and I will offer any suggestions I can.

Forum Member

You can also go to Rodney Slaughter's web site, www.dragonflynet.com

He has several winning grant narratives that you can read and print out. That way you can compare your style to those that have won.

It's also not a bad idea to take a class in grant writing. Check and see if any of your local schools or colleges offer such a class.

I took Rodney's class 5 years ago and have earned around $135,000 in grants since then.

Good luck.
    Steve Dragon
    FFII, Fire Instructor II, Fire Officer I, Fire Appartus Driver Operator Certified
    Volunteers are never "off duty".
    http://www.bufd7.org

MembersZone Subscriber

I'd be willing to take a look at your situation and give my input...

I'm not a professional grant writer, I haven't taken any grant writing classes, and I've not gotten more grants then I have, but the application I did last year for the AFGP was 99% awarded for $373,000.00 in February and it looks like the one I did this year is on it's way to being 97% awarded for $249,500.00.

If it turns out that we do get the grant this year, that'll be $622,500 for a department with a $750,000 a year budget.

If you want to see what I did for a narrative last year, it's available for download here in the forums.

Forum Member

Talking

Thank you all very much for your willingness to help us out.

When I get back in the office Tuesday, I'll get with each of you and send our application for your review.

Forum Member

Gentlemen. My e-mail address is brianl@gemini-coatings.com

Send me a message and I'll forward my application to you for review.

Thanks Again!!

Forum Member

If you talk to the folks at action training systems, They have a grant person that would be glad to review it and give an honest unbiasied opinion. They address is www.action-training.com
    Last edited by Station32; 08-23-2004 at 03:54 PM.

Forum Member

Just as an FYI, you can grant/revoke access to other grant managers to view your grant online.

Might make it easier to handle all that electron/paper shuffling.

Login and you will see the option on the right of the grant management screen.

It works really well. No one can edit it, just look at it.
    --
    e.g.h.
    Matt

Thread Information