Forum Member

Nextel changes their plans every month, and it is also dependent on where you are located. Try THIS LINK I'm not sure if it will work for you or not. If not, go to www.nextel.com and click on the rate plans. Type in "43619" for the zip code. They have the plan now for $54.99. I also have a government discount, which I believe is 10% off the montly plan, discounted rates on phones, and 20% off all accessories...... As for the taxes, I didn't see the "after taxes" part.

With the Direct Connect, it goes by the second. Every time you key it up, it counts as 6 seconds, then every second after that...... Works great when you have short converations, and it doesn't take away from your actual phone minutes......

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by DrParasite
    [B]
    how?????? and you only pay $50 after taxes? then you got one awesome deal, that I don't this is available anymore. [B]
    Two words: Customer Retention It seems like the longer you've been with a carrier the better the deal you get at contract renewal time. I've gotten a better deal from Sprint each time I have re-upped with them.
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

Forum Member

Originally posted by WTFD10

Two words: Customer Retention It seems like the longer you've been with a carrier the better the deal you get at contract renewal time. I've gotten a better deal from Sprint each time I have re-upped with them.
    Actually, I don't think that's it, Moe. I've had this plan almost since the beginning. I think I may have had my phone for 3-4 months when I initially found this plan. I switched to it, and have kept it for the last few years......

I think you will start seeing more plans that offer more minutes for less from all carriers......... You see how big the two-way is now.... Everyone is getting it. they know Nextel has been making a mint on it from the beginning and want in on a piece of the action. there is so much competition to get/keep people's cell phone business. Especially with the newer companies that come out like Virgin(?), T-Mobile, Boost Mobile, etc....

Thread Information