Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 28 of 28
  1. #21
    Forum Member firenresq77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Northwest Ohio
    Posts
    5,213

    Default

    Originally posted by stm4710
    Verizon & Sprint have a PTT phone,so I dont see why people continue to pay Nextel fee's for what isnt a exclusive Nextel feature anymore.
    What "fees" am I paying???? I pay the same amount as DrParasite, yet I get more minutes, I have the Direct Connect (which I use even more than I use the phone, and I don't have to pay roaming charges..........


  2. #22
    Forum Member stm4710's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,713

    Default

    Originally posted by firenresq77
    What "fees" am I paying???? I pay the same amount as DrParasite, yet I get more minutes, I have the Direct Connect (which I use even more than I use the phone, and I don't have to pay roaming charges..........
    Brian, perhaps fee was a wrong choice of a word. My father pays $75 a month for 300 minutes and I dont know how much direct connect minutes. My friend Matt has a Verizon I think is like $40 a month,my gf has a Sprint that she pays $38.95 a month for.
    Sprint and Verizon sound better and are more reliable with a much better coverage area. What I was saying is IMO Nextel is chargeing a premium rate for not so premium service. But hey if you got the money to waste........
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

  3. #23
    Forum Member firenresq77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Northwest Ohio
    Posts
    5,213

    Default

    Originally posted by stm4710
    Brian, perhaps fee was a wrong choice of a word. My father pays $75 a month for 300 minutes and I dont know how much direct connect minutes. My friend Matt has a Verizon I think is like $40 a month,my gf has a Sprint that she pays $38.95 a month for.
    Sprint and Verizon sound better and are more reliable with a much better coverage area. What I was saying is IMO Nextel is chargeing a premium rate for not so premium service. But hey if you got the money to waste........
    And what I'm trying to say is that yes, I pay $50/month, but I will never go over my minutes. How are your friend and girlfriend charged? Does it go by the minute? Half-Minute? Second? Your dad is getting screwed with his plan, and that's kinda his fault. Why doesn't he change his plan?????

  4. #24
    Forum Member HeavyRescueTech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    Originally posted by firenresq77
    The plan I have from Nextel is 1000 daytime Minutes, Unlimited Nights and Weekends, Free Long Distance, and Unlimited DC, and I pay the same amount you do....
    how?????? and you only pay $50 after taxes? then you got one awesome deal, that I don't this is available anymore. I just checked the nextel website, and this is the closest thing I can find to what you describe:
    Nextel National Value 1000 Plan
    1000 Cellular minutes $59.99
    Unlimited Night & Weekend minutes
    100 Direct Connect minutes
    Free long distance & roaming throughout the Nextel network!

    and that doesn't include the unlimited Direct connect. those that do don't include long distance, any that do have unlimited DC with 100 anytime minutes start around $89.99.

    I pay Verizon $39.99 for 400 daytime minutes (which i rarely go over), 1000 mobile to mobile minutes, and unlimited night/weekend and long distance. $59.99 vs $39.99. which would you pick?
    If my basic HazMat training has taught me nothing else, it's that if you see a glowing green monkey running away from something, follow that monkey!

    FF/EMT/DBP

  5. #25
    Forum Member stm4710's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,713

    Default

    Originally posted by firenresq77
    And what I'm trying to say is that yes, I pay $50/month, but I will never go over my minutes. How are your friend and girlfriend charged? Does it go by the minute? Half-Minute? Second? Your dad is getting screwed with his plan, and that's kinda his fault. Why doesn't he change his plan?????
    Cant say for my friend but my GF is charged by a "half-minute".

    Nextel National Value 1000 Plan
    1000 Cellular minutes $59.99
    Unlimited Night & Weekend minutes
    100 Direct Connect minutes
    Free long distance & roaming throughout the Nextel network!

    and that doesn't include the unlimited Direct connect. those that do don't include long distance, any that do have unlimited DC with 100 anytime minutes start around $89.99.
    Thats what I mean, even the cheapest plan from Nextel is still about $20 more than other carriers. My dad defently use's long distance. And like I said, they are chargeing premium $$$ for service that is not premium. 77' at $ 50 a month I think you got a sweet heart deal, really.
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

  6. #26
    Forum Member firenresq77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Northwest Ohio
    Posts
    5,213

    Default

    Nextel changes their plans every month, and it is also dependent on where you are located. Try THIS LINK I'm not sure if it will work for you or not. If not, go to www.nextel.com and click on the rate plans. Type in "43619" for the zip code. They have the plan now for $54.99. I also have a government discount, which I believe is 10% off the montly plan, discounted rates on phones, and 20% off all accessories...... As for the taxes, I didn't see the "after taxes" part.

    With the Direct Connect, it goes by the second. Every time you key it up, it counts as 6 seconds, then every second after that...... Works great when you have short converations, and it doesn't take away from your actual phone minutes......

  7. #27
    MembersZone Subscriber
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Posts
    1,719

    Default

    Originally posted by DrParasite
    [B]
    how?????? and you only pay $50 after taxes? then you got one awesome deal, that I don't this is available anymore. [B]
    Two words: Customer Retention It seems like the longer you've been with a carrier the better the deal you get at contract renewal time. I've gotten a better deal from Sprint each time I have re-upped with them.
    FTM-PTB-DTRT

  8. #28
    Forum Member firenresq77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Northwest Ohio
    Posts
    5,213

    Default

    Originally posted by WTFD10


    Two words: Customer Retention It seems like the longer you've been with a carrier the better the deal you get at contract renewal time. I've gotten a better deal from Sprint each time I have re-upped with them.
    Actually, I don't think that's it, Moe. I've had this plan almost since the beginning. I think I may have had my phone for 3-4 months when I initially found this plan. I switched to it, and have kept it for the last few years......

    I think you will start seeing more plans that offer more minutes for less from all carriers......... You see how big the two-way is now.... Everyone is getting it. they know Nextel has been making a mint on it from the beginning and want in on a piece of the action. there is so much competition to get/keep people's cell phone business. Especially with the newer companies that come out like Virgin(?), T-Mobile, Boost Mobile, etc....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts