Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default What are Your Plans?

Do any departments have special plans for the viewing the Ladder 49 movie? We are planning a firefighter's night at the cinema. We will get together with the surrounding departments and buy out the local cinema, watch the movie and have a pizza party.

Should be a great time.

MembersZone Subscriber SamsonFCDES's Avatar

I am going to win the Firehouse.com contest for a free screening...

In reality no, we have to plans. Most of the guys on the department have never heard of it and might never seen it...

Probly because the nearest movie theater is 40 miles away and probly wont get the movie at all since they only have 1 screen. Next clostest one is 70, then 120. At the 120 one there are 3 screens so it might get it. I am going to go to it if it does come there.

Otherwise just hoping to win the contest so the whole department can see it.
    -Brotherhood: I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
    -Mistakes: It could be that the purpose of you life is to serve as a warning to others.

-Adversity: That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

-Despair: Its always darkest before it goes Pitch Black.

I know a few of us from here talked about it .........and are going to go...........a friend called me up today about renting a theatre .......LOL I dont know about that..........but I will be there.......me and '77 and who knows who else .........rstandi ?
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Don't forget WTFD10......... Hopefully we can get a pretty good group together..........

You know, the theater in Maumee serves alcohol now!!!!!

Seriously though, if we want to try to get a theater, let me know and I can see if FOX theater is going to be getting the movie when it starts and see if the owner will put it in one of the smaller theaters and she might cut us a deal or something, since her husband is a FF.......

Forum Member

We are in the process of organizing the outing. We expect it to be a large group. The cinema dosen't serve alcohol. Not a big deal because our chief wouldn't go for it.

i havn't talked to anyone in our FD about going. A few may go individually but it's unlikely our little disfunctional group will go together.
    The cinema dosen't serve alcohol.
    That won't be a problem. I'm sure there will be plenty of cans brought in in pockets and popped once the lights go down.

Forum Member

If I win one of the contests, I will go to the premiere or something like that. If not, just gona wait for it to come out and go with a few friends.
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B
    ---------------------------------------------------

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

When all else fails USE DUCT-TAPE!!!

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

Sr. Information Officer NJFFSA16's Avatar

I'm in the movie. I'm such a star.....
    Proudly serving as the IACOJ Minister of Information & Propoganda!
    Be Safe! Lookouts-Awareness-Communications-Escape Routes-Safety Zones

*Gathering Crust Since 1968*
    On the web at www.section2wildfire.com

Thread Information