Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Post Accountability Tags

Does your department give or let you have Accountability Tags for your gear? what do they say.

Danil Carosiello Jr. Firefighter pride of cecil 29-5

HNFC FF/President mdoddsjffhnfc's Avatar

yep, every firefighter/jr. firefighter in the department has 2 Tags.

Here's an example of a tag:
    (FRONT)
    Firefighter Accountability System

Mark J Dodds
    Hi-Nella Fire Company 69-1
    Picture of firefighter on right side

(BACK)

Hi-Nella Fire Company #1 69-1
    Height Weight
    Eye Color Hair Color
    DOB

That's about it
    Firefighter, Volunteering since Oct 2001

CCFA 05-04, best overall class for 2005
    "GOOD GAME!"

Forum Member

Our accountability system is built into our helmet fronts. It is a leather piece that has velcro on the back we pull of when we get on the trucks.

All they say is the person's last name, and the tags they are traded for say the truck, and the riding position, or other sector officer tags, like staging, water, operations, air, ems, etc.
    -Bozz

Air Force Medic

Thumbs up I would REALLY like to get some.

We have name strips (think military BDUís) on Velcro attached to the turnout coat collar. One gets placed on the board for Ďon sceneí the other gets handed to IC or safety officer when entry is made.

Explores donít have tags. We donít go on scenes but it would be nice to get into the habit of using an accountability system, even just for training.

EVERYONE who has a set of turnout gear in our department(junior, primary driver, firefighter, whatever) has to have accountability tags. And everyone who gets on a truck for an incident participates in the system.

Ours are tags that you can clip to your helmet D-ring, or on the hole on your zipper, and sometimes I've seen them on the little radio straps that allow you to clip a mike on. Everyone has two, with your name, company number, and firefighter number within the company on it.

We function in crews at the scene. Each crew has it's own ring. Everyone puts their tag on the ring, and wherever that crew is assigned(interior, whatever) is where the ring is put on the Incident Command board. If that crew moves, the leader must first report that he has PAR and then move to the next assignment. Then the ring is moved.

Since everyone should have two tags, and one should be on the accountability board, if you're found on the fireground by an officer with more than 1 tag, you're pulled from that crew and sidelined until the situation is straightened out, with additional disciplinary action possible.

We've actually had people's interior status suspended for a month for not following the system.

Which, I think, is a good thing.

Our tags are color coded according to training. Red is tactical-Green is ground support- and Blue is Explorers. The front tells the member name the dept name and their training status. The back tells the bp and the hospital the firefighter would like to go to. The explorer front is the same the back says that explorers are not allowed to g into a hazardous situation.

Forum Member

yes we are issiued accountability tags.

ours are metal of some sort.

the front will say some thing like this

EXP. CARRY (name, explorers say exp then name)

the back says
    H.T.F.D (the deparment)

we are issiued four of these.

1 goes on the truck when you get on scene.

1 goes to the staging officer.

1 goes to who ever gives you a task.

and the last 1 stays with you for id if any thing goes wrong
    IF YOU FOLLOW ALL OF THE RULES YOU MISS ALL OF THE FUN.

Moose (Post 2028 Vice President/ Command Officer)Explorer Highland Twp. Fire/Rescue Dept.

Any Questions Contact Me At Moose20282@yahoo.com

These Are My Opinions, Not that of My Dept. or Any other Orgnazition I Belong to.

Moose,

You better not try to sneak up on anyone with those things. They could wake the dead!!
    ------------------------------------
    These opinions are mine and do not reflect the opinions of any organizations I am affiliated with.
    ------------------------------------

Those metal tags are accountability alone, just listen for the clanging.

This is a good post because I was thinking of re-doing our Account. Tag's. Currently we use what our FD uses, all the trucks have a board on them, which is to ensure whoever is the AO has a board. That board has a list of all the FF's and their numbers, and you can write next to it (i.e. task, duty). The FF's themselves have a two tag system. Your standard cow tag with your number on each. One is yellow and one is blue. The yellow stands for exterior and the blue stands for in terior. If you are no interior, you dont have a blue tag. But anyways your tag, if you have two, the one your doing gets put with the AO.
    JLS
    MFC
    51 Pride - R.I.P. Sandy
    Alarm 200644004, I won't ever forget.

Remember you only have 1*.

IACOJ

Forum Member

Originally posted by RFRDxplorer
    Moose,

You better not try to sneak up on anyone with those things. They could wake the dead!!
    every one knew where i was though.
    IF YOU FOLLOW ALL OF THE RULES YOU MISS ALL OF THE FUN.

Moose (Post 2028 Vice President/ Command Officer)Explorer Highland Twp. Fire/Rescue Dept.

Any Questions Contact Me At Moose20282@yahoo.com

These Are My Opinions, Not that of My Dept. or Any other Orgnazition I Belong to.

Thread Information