Forum Member

Default Barnstable County (Cape Cod) Massachusetts

This exam is used by many of the Cape Fire Departments. While there is a ranking based on the list, typically it is used as a pass/fail entrance exam. Once you are on the list, you're on. There are different lists for EMT and Paramedic. Some Departments use there own exams in conjunction with, or instead of this test.

Firefighters Entry Level Screening Exam

The Barnstable County Fire Chief's Association will hold a written exam on Saturday, November 20, 2004, for full-time Firefighter/EMT, Firefighter/Paramedic and Call Firefighter positions. Applicants must mail a bank check or money order (NO personal checks) in the amount of $55.00 (made payable to BCFCA) with your name and mailing address to: BCFCA, 95 High School Rd. Ext, Hyannis, MA 02601. Test fees are non-refundable. Requests must be postmarked no later than 09/17/2004.

EOE/AA

Towns in Barnstable County using this Test:

Sandwich, Mashpee, West Barnstable(District), Cotuit(District), Centerville-Osterville-Marstons Mills(District), Barnstable(District), Dennis, Harwich, Brewster, Chatham, Orleans, Eastham, Wellfleet.

Yarmouth and Hyannis(District) use their own tests. Bourne and Falmouth are civil service.

Dave

Forum Member

Default Question-Barnstable Exam

Thank you for the info. Do you have any more info on this exam? I tried to locate it on the net but couldn't discover where you got this information from. I am surprised that there is no phone number or more info. An applicant is just supposed to send a blank check to some organization? I would feel more comfortable if I knew whether there were residency requirements, testing requirements, etc. It would also be comforting to know how to get in touch with someone if I had any questions. If you can provide any more info or tell me where to look that would be great.
    Thanks again for the heads up about the test.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks for the info.

Forum Member

The BCFCA is The Barnstable COunty Fire Chief's Association, believe me they are legit. Pretty much all the info available is posted. Each Town has different contractual requirements, such as residency etc. There is no residency required prior to hiring ( we have had people from Tennessee take the exam and get hired.) To be on the EMT list, you must be a MA certified EMT (you can be added to the list later, if you don't have you cert at the time of exam.) I am unsure where National certs fit in. Same rules apply for Medic.

You can call 508-888-0525. That is Sandwich Fire. Ask for Chief Newman. He may be able to offer more info.

Dave

Thread Information