Tuesday, August 24, 2004
LEWISTON ó A six-foot boa constrictor was saved from certain death when a firefighter and an animal control officer rescued it from a wooden box that had caught on fire.
The snake was locked inside its box at a Lewiston home Monday, when a lamp tumbled down on top of it, causing the wood to smolder and give off smoke.
A woman who lives in the house called firefighters because she was afraid to touch the snake. Firefighters used an ax to smash open the lock and animal control officer Wendell Strout dropped the snake into a pillowcase.
The snake, which was unharmed, was taken to an animal shelter where its owner could retrieve it.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
08-24-2004, 01:52 PM #1
- Join Date
- Apr 1999
Lewiston (Maine) firefighter rescues snakeRemember, it IS as bad as you think and they ARE out to get you!
08-24-2004, 02:14 PM #2
That's life in the fire service
08-24-2004, 04:41 PM #3
- Join Date
- Jun 2001
Species unique to ME
A Boa in Maine?? I thought Maine only had Garder snakes...or is that Gardiner Snakes (sorry, a little bit of Maine town name humor there)
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)