Angry Ready to give up!!! grr!

I have been applying since may. What the heck? I feel like I am putting forth so much effort for absolutely nothing! Each application wants transcripts and criminal records, etc... I am frusterated beyond belief. I need words of encouragement, I feel like quitting.

Forum Member

You don't have any criminal records?
    They're not that difficult to obtain.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default hey hang in there

we all go through this phase of the ems world I spent my first year as a basic picking up part time hours at a mom and pop service and putting in 900 miles over that year for this interview and that interview but i have had the past 4 years of the best time with my friends and fellow crews so just hang on and hang tight you will break through that wall

Forum Member

Default Boiler Plate

First get a good complete clean set of an application, background information, driving record, etc. Once you have that set consider this as a tennis game. Any time an agency lobs the ball over the net asking for something you will have the info to send back. This is a process. Make sure you key the ball alive and don't let it die in your court.

Make sure you educate yourself to prepare for each next step in the hiring process otherwise you will be as much or more frustrated than you are now.

"The solution is there, you just haven't seen it yet."

Captain Bob

www.eatstress.com
    Last edited by CaptBob; 08-24-2004 at 06:49 PM.

Forum Member

Keep going, be the energizer bunny, it takes time and practice.Keep the applications going out. Keep track of where you are sending them and when.LISTEN TO Capt BOB he gives good advice. Took 14 months for me, sometimes patientence is a virtue.

I went through the academy (a looong time ago...)
    with a guy that tested for 10 years. 10!!!
    He is a great fireman, it was just never his lucky day. Nowadays the competition is so fierce that the top 100 candidates on large lists all scored over a 99 on the written, have experience, etc. At that point it's almost like a lottery- just keep trtying and getting more proficient.
    Good Luck

MembersZone Subscriber

Since May?
    Wow !! I cant believe anyone could stick with it for 3 whole months!
    I think you should just give up now..

Jeff

Thank you for your words of encouragement. It just seems like in school my professors kept saying how everyone needed EMT's and it just seemed so easy to get my certification, and get a job. No one ever said finding a job was going to be my full time job!

Since MAY!!! give it up, it will make more opportunity for those of us that have been searching for more than 3 months. you have tried for 90 days are you kidding me!!!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Cool

Just keep trying. You havent been at it long enough. I also live in Indiana and have found that different parts of IN are better for finding jobs than others. I just relocated from SO. IN to the Indianapolis area to try and get a carrer position. I have been a Vol. FF for two years and a EMT-B for just over a year. If you cant find a job with a department or ambulance service try an emergency room. In most cases it will get you using your skills and also provide more education. I have worked on the streets and Iam currently in a ER. I have become a better EMT on the street by the time that i have spent off of the street in a different medical enviroment. Let me know how it goes. zcam

MembersZone Subscriber

Angry

you no what if you are gonna be sarcastic then i beleive that you do not need to be here it is a board for some one trying to get information I have been an Basic for 5 years now and it is hard sometimes to get into the field if you are gonna be mean then go play some where else we do not pepole like you thehaz172 this means you as far as prttyemtb keep trying and get the job you want

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey,
    Don't give up, I have been at this for 5 yrs. and still working at it, I started like you, emt-b, then emt I, now Paramedic thinking with each certification I would get the badge. Not only that but FF I
    FFII, HazMat Awareness/Ops, Wildland CrewBoss/EngineBoss, Officer I,
    Inspector I, Instructor I/II, but no matter what I did I couldn't get the job! No matter who tells you what, getting the job is a skill, one you must practice, and master! Capt. Bob is a great resource for people like us, I am sure if you wrote to him directly he could help you out. Till then CHIN UP and PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!!!!

thanks brain.

Thread Information