MembersZone Subscriber

Default Ambulance Accidents

Does anyone have a link to the story of the paramedic from the Cleveland/Lorain area that went to prison for an ambulance crash a few years back?

Thanks!!

Forum Member

I just spent over 1 hour looking. I'll have to look tomorrow....... I know we watched a video of him talking before at 1's.........

Was he ever at Heat is On???????

Forum Member

I found THIS LINK that says his name is Mike Montecalvo, but the story doesn't sound right. That link says he was transporting a patient when he was involved in the accident.

I was thinking the story was that he was RESPONDING to an accident with reported people trapped or ejected or major injuries, or something like that, when the accident happened. If it's the one I'm thinking of, there were either no injuries or minor injuries and they just wanted the crews to get there quicker so they exaggerated......

Also found THIS LINK to an article in Fire Engineering (Sorry, WT), that references it. You have to scroll down to the Emergency Medical Dispatch section about 3/4 of the way down.

I tried to do a search using the name listed in the 1st section, but didn't have any luck......... Then again, I need ot get to bed, too, so I'm kinda rushed.......

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks!!! I searched forever for it too. I know it was in one of the video series that we have. Not sure which one. I don't remember him being at the conference.

You my sir are a searching GOD!!

Forum Member

Originally posted by PFD109NFD107
    Thanks!!! I searched forever for it too. I know it was in one of the video series that we have. Not sure which one. I don't remember him being at the conference.

You my sir are a searching GOD!!
    I do what I can for you, brother.......

Forum Member

77 is right, his name is Mike Montecalvo. He worked for Life Care Ambulance of Lorain Co. at the time of the accident. I also recall the same version as 77 (except I do think there was a fatality of a Pregnant female). He puts on a powerful preseentation called "When God Blinks" that talks about driving, EMD, and the consequences of losing his livlihood. I am not a computer guru by any means...my 4 year old may be able to do a search though...and I came up empty as far as a web site for him. If you have an organization wishing to get him as a speaker, I may be able to help you out there. If you ever get a chance to see/hear him...do it!!. Hope that answered a few questions.

Andy Baillis, Chief
    Rittman EMS

Forum Member

Andy, I believe it was a pregnant woman that was killed in the accident he was involved in........

Do you have any contact info for him? Could you email or PM me with whatever info you can get?

Forum Member

Jenny Reidy had him at a medic refresher once ..........I do have her new contact info in Columbus ........lemme know ....
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

Joel is the new ambulance there yet ?> the GREEN one ?
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

I have a number (thanks to REMSCHIEF). I am going to see about getting something set up in this area...... Just got to call him.....

Thread Information