Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    Forum Member

Default Sutphen SP70 Experience

Folks,

I'm looking for information on SP70. Have you folks run one and for how long. Likes/Dislikes? Wishes of things you did differently when putting the spec together?

Also can this truck be considered a true Quint. With respect to Ease of operation and a 100% Multi-purpose vehicle.

Please let me know your opinions on the SP70 design and the Sutphen Cab and Chassis?

500 Gal. of water is a MUST please let me know if your rig has this with respect to your comments on handling and the type of community you service (where are the tight spots that you need to get in with).

Thanks
    GB

Contact Chief Peter John with Barre City Fire Department. We have a 2 man SP70 I believe it is.

476 0254
    or
    476 0253

He should be in until 4:30 or so Monday through Friday.

OH...and Montpelier FD. I think Montpelier is running a custom cab SP70. I know it's a custom, just not sure of the model. Trucks appear to be identical except for the cab and ladder storage. They have stacked ladders, ours slide onto "rails".

Thumbs up Good Company

Sorry don't know specifically about the SP70. But used to drive and Sutphen 110 ft. aerial apparatus. It was a good truck the entire time I worked with the apparatus. Sutphen stands behind their work from my past experience. If we ever had a problem they would bring a replacement and take ours back for service. Just my opinion that I would do business them again if I had any say in that matter.

Take Care out there Everyone....

What's the status??

MembersZone Subscriber

I work off of a Sutphen 100' Truck and we have 2 Sutphen 75' Quints. All of our newer Sutphens have buckets.

I think for the most part everyone likes them, I know I do. They are Quint 8 and Quint 4.

Below is a link to the SP70

http://www.sutphen.com/Sutphen%2070/70.htm

Sutphens main page... www.sutphen.com

This link is to our website, you can get contact information off of there if you want to call and ask the cheifs.

http://www.cityofspringfield.org/sfd/index.html
    Firefighter/EMT/HazMatTech
    Truck 2

www.swmosportbikes.com

Thread Information