MembersZone Subscriber

Talking Venting Session In Progress

Yea so I work for a BLS Transport service, went in a 3pm yesterday and was handed our run sheet for the evening..1st run was for a physch patient...me & my partner are sitting out front of the hospital when all of a sudden the 4 security guards standing out front ran inside after you heard someone yelling on their radios....You would think man I bet they got a wild one in the ER....2 seconds later..dispatch calls us and tells us that our patient just went ballistic upstairs in the physc ward and to get up there as soon as possible....Well that just made my day....Luckily he was doped up enough that he was no problem for us... So then after that we got slammed with discharges from the hospitals 8 in total...Long story short....our 2nd to last run and it was an older lady who had no clue what was going on...Yea well she grabbed my ID....and the break away necklace...yea I found out they dont break away very easily...so wound up breaking my I.D on me... Sorry I know no one cares but I needed to vent I cant wait till my vacation!!! only 23 more days but whos counting!!
    Andrew
    Firefighter/EMT
    New Jersey

MembersZone Subscriber

Just goes to show that no matter what State you are in, Private Ambulance Services SUCK!
    Proud Right-Wing Extremist since 1992

"Extreme Liberalism is a Mental Disorder"- Michael Savage

MembersZone Subscriber

I don't work EMS but work with people who are EMS. At the hospital where my Hubby works Security it is HIS job to deal with "unco-operative" patients. EMS is a drop-off and pick-up service only in these parts.
    Enjoy your vacation.

former FH.com member

Lightbulb

One of the best days of my life was when I got the "Congrats, you made it!" letter from SAFD...and I knew right then and there that I was done with the private EMS B.S. forever.

Forum Member

Smile

I fought my fires fire 35 years ago and have served in four different departments in three different states over the years. Man, I'm starting to get too old for all this excitement !

Now I "drive the bus". Our company runs an engine, rescue, and EMS (including 3 ALS, 5 BLS, 2 QRVs and 4 paratransports) Like I said, "I drive the bus" ... the wheelman. While some days are really crazy with emergency calls, most are spent on stretcher van runs, simple BLS transfers, and wheelchair transports.

My big gripe is: dispatchers who constantly give you either the wrong information or inconplete information about the call they just sent you on.

-bob-

MembersZone Subscriber

Well my paperwork is in for a neighboring town for EMS...I get that job I got it made...something I'm lookin forward to doing...I dont mind the transports now and then so thank god I'm only part time here...2 days a week is enough for me....I'm praying I get this EMS job...As far as I know they are doing my backround check so just waiting now...I cant stand the waiting lol....Ohwell...22 More days.....Oh yea tonight was alot better.....Got paid to do absolutely nothing...Gotta love it!!
    Andrew
    Firefighter/EMT
    New Jersey

Thread Information