Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Do you have the nifty Rosenbauer unit that was at Monroe not this year but last? Nifty unit...if I'm thinking right. Maple something, right?

MembersZone Subscriber

Yup, that is our truck. We had taken delivery of the truck about a week to two prior to monroe. I actually slept in the truck that weekend too. Kind of an expensive camper, but oh well.

You were on the right track, Maple Bluff.

I took the pump ops class to get some more pump time in, thinking it would be a bit more intensive. We got to play with your new shiny rig a little bit, and some others, but not enough to justify the weekend. Nice looking rig regardless. We train on our stuff a lot, but not enough to make me happy.

Speaking of Rosenbauer, I would assume the rig is a General body, right? We're having General spec a new rig for us, and I'm curious how your experience has been so far with General and with Jefferson. We've typically bought another brand of apparatus for years, but they're pricing themselves out of our budget, and it would be kind of nice to send some BIGGER dollars Jefferson's way after our SCBA purchase this year. Their product was hands down a winner, but they couldn't compete with MSA's pricing for exactly what we "wanted." Long story, but they didn't get the business, and I feel badly about it.

How's the new truck holding up?

MembersZone Subscriber

Our truck is actually a Central States body. Central is a division of Rosenbauer. The running gear is built by spartan motors and the rest was put together by Central States.

Our workings with Jefferson has been great. I like working with them as a dealer.

We did have some issues on the truck, but I think we've got the majority of things taken care of.

Thread Information