Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default Interesting: Police and FF relationships?

Thought this was an interesting story.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/3681663/detail.html
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting that vote." -Benjamin franklin

"There is nothing wrong with America that can not be cured with what is right with America" -Henry Clay

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking Novel Twist.................

Well, that's different than the "Relationships" with/between FDNY/NYPD...... Never a dull moment.......
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Guess she wasn't too happy, huh?

How does the old saying go? (at the risk of sounding sexist)

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

Isn't that the truth.

Seeing as how she's a police officer, you know her aim is good too, evidenced by the poor guys bruising.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

fascinating ................. asaulted with a cell phone charger!
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

MembersZone Subscriber

I guess this sort of explodes the myth that men can't be victims of domestic violence. I hope she is treated every bit as harshly as a man would be under the same circumstances.

Don't hold your breathe George.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
    I guess this sort of explodes the myth that men can't be victims of domestic violence. I hope she is treated every bit as harshly as a man would be under the same circumstances.
    Recently, there was a female police officer in this area who was fired from her job for assaulting another female police officer when they were arguing about the victim's ex. Both were off duty at the time....... Hopefully Detroit will follow suit.........

Default Failures

They failed to mention that this is the fourth time she has assultd him. She also did some damage to his vehicle, is trying to get the charges brought upon him instead of herself and numerous other things. We should only hope that Detroit follow through with this.
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting that vote." -Benjamin franklin

"There is nothing wrong with America that can not be cured with what is right with America" -Henry Clay

The fourth time huh?

Well, if there is no documentation of it in the past, how can it be prosecuted towards a dismissal from the job? Usually there must be a record of some sort to terminate someone, or else the union will step in and fight to retain her.
    (Personally, if it is the fourth time - how in the heck did it get to be the fourth time for her not to have lost her job, have a criminal record, or serve jail time?)

What kills me with this new information is that the guy went through this three times before and only now he is thinking about leaving her? Are you out of your mind man? I may have given her a scend chance but a third, and then a fourth? Get real man. Run like the wind, and testify against her so she received the punishment that she deserves.

I hope the City of Detroit does fire her. Good bye, see you later, have a nice day. The only bad thing is that she will probably then go and get another job somewhere else, unless there is a serious enough conviction on her record.

All four assults were reported. They all had to do with him telling her he was thinking about ending it. I have met her, while I was down visiting some buddies at one of the stations and she has quite the attitude. I guess it could have just been because I was a female but still, to have an attitude like that when all I said was "nice to meet you".

Forum Member

Im glad that in my area the PD and FD and EMS persons get along pretty good. I wish it was that way everywhere.
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B
    ---------------------------------------------------

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

When all else fails USE DUCT-TAPE!!!

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

Unhappy Domestic abuse is a hard subject....

I should know. I was a victim of it for a couple of years.

For those of you who said he should have left sooner, yeah, he should have. But it is just as hard, if not harder on a male victim. I tell you this because I went through it while in college. It doesn't happen overnight, and you can still function, but it wears you down mentally. The same feelings occur whether you are male or female. But, the law and support groups are there for females, not males. You are lucky as a male if you don't go to jail. I was threatened with it, and it was about 12 years ago.

Don't blame the victim here, guys. It is really hard as a guy to stand up and say this "lady" I live with, who is quite a bit smaller than me, beats the tar out of me. In my situation, I felt I was doing the right thing for her. She took out her aggression on me instead of her abusive father. I was trying to be a "big man." It didn't work.

I tell my story now freely. I have nothing to be ashamed of. If it gives just one person being abused the strength to move on, it is worth it. And, as I stated before, she probably won't get sentenced too harshly. I know with me, she tried to charge me with abuse, after I had been gone 3 days. She tried to keep the control, and punish me for finally leaving. That is a common theme for abusers.
    "Illigitimi Non Carborundum"

"The views expressed by me are solely my own, and in no way reflect the views of any organization which I belong to."

Latigo,

I am with you and understand that it is A LOT harder for a male to get through it. I think domestic abuse goes both ways a lot more frequently than we know. Support exists for the females because there is more abuse noted there, whether it exists there more is a different subject entirely.

That being said, and while I totally understand this situation, it is admittedly hard for anyone outside of the situation or who has never been in the situation to completely undrestand why someone stays in an abusive situation. For a rationalizing mmind, to put it all together like that and not leave makes no sense to most of us, even though we are constantly told that it is difficult to leave for the variety of reasons that make it so.

Thank you for the story and your experience. It does bring out the point that men are just as much a victim of domestic abuse as women are, even though we do not hear much about it.

Well, at least she did'nt SHOOT him.
    United Kingdom branch, IACOJ.

Thread Information