Question do I have what it takes?

I've been a volunteer for 7-8 yrs and for the last 3 yrs. have been the Capt. Safety officer for our dept. I often wonder if I have what it takes to help lead my Dept. in Ems I believe it without a doubt but with the fire and hazmat side I'm not so sure 2 of our lts. both have 10 yrs. on the dept. and are damn good fireman sometimes I wonder if they shoulnt have the position I mean I was elected by majority vote but I know they didnt want the job either in the administrtive aspect I have written 2 protocols for the dept. 1 for exposure to infectious substances the other on protocols for the capt. safety officer on scene but while out on scene I think I could do a better job leading does anyone have any sugg. or training downloads I could get off the computer another reason I am wondering if I am the right person for the job is when things are decided in the dept. administrative or on scene the chief will go to the lts. first rather than me while I appreciate the experience and am grateful it is their why not appoint them to the c-3 position our command structure is the Chief, Asst. Chief, Capt. 1st. Lt. and 2nd lt. our second Lt. has told me many times he thinks Im one of the best ff's on our dept. and I appreciate his compliments why then does the chief go to him for command decisions and why wont he listen to me when I try to do things a certain way I think anyone who has more training in a certain are and everyone has a different point of view and I will listen to it but most of the time I am overuled by them on scene should I train on command and leadership skills more dont get me wrong I dont want to wine about power or anything I just want to help my dept. and community and I need a little advice

Forum Member

Question

now thats a RANT ! are you the chief ? aspiring to be the same ? eleceted by membership ? need some more info to help you some ......
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

First thing first........ Maybe you ought to try to re-type your post. It's very hard to read because about the only time you used periods or capital letters were for abreviations....... That was one huge run-on sentence.........

MembersZone Subscriber

Granted I am with 77 here ,but it also seems you are not confident in your decisions. Also try to find out why the Chief over looks your position maybe he questions your ability becuase you do. There are alot of different reasons. You need to work though them

MembersZone Subscriber

Question

If you doubt your abilities or second guess yourself, more than likely your personnel and most likely the upper echelon will notice it and take it as your unsure of your position and unclear as to what direction you need to be moving toward.

Like the commercial says, “Don’t let them see you sweat”.

Forum Member

So you want to know if you have what it takes eh? I think I've answered this questions before...

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky625 View Post
    So you want to know if you have what it takes eh? I think I've answered this questions before...
    Why one earth would you reply to such an obviously dead, 3 year old thread, with such a ridiculous, meaningless post to boot.

No need to respond, I got the impression from seeing your other posts on another thread this morning to know you're likely just another ***** disturber/troll / troublemaker, and I'm sure that opinion will become even more justified once I catch up on today's new posts.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Thread Information