Ok, here is Part 2 from the my first thread. Part 1 recommend
how a new rookie should act in the station.
This item discusses how to act during your training tower.
Again, this item has come up several times in the forums.
Please feel free to copy and edit to fit your department.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2
08-31-2004, 02:22 AM #1
NEW FIREFIGHTER AT THE TOWER GUIDELINES (finally)
Last edited by CALFFBOU; 08-31-2004 at 12:43 PM.
08-31-2004, 02:24 AM #2
TORRANCE FIRE DEPARTMENT
SUCCESSFULLY SURVIVING YOUR RECRUIT TRAINING
The following guidelines will help you be a successful recruit on the Torrance Fire Department. Many of you have various levels of experience and training which will be valuable to the Torrance Fire Department in the near future. But as a recruit (new employee), your probationary period will be much more pleasant if you can demonstrate patience in displaying your talents and skill until you’ve learned what we want you to know.
BEHAVIOR GUIDELINES FOR THE TRAINING TOWER
1. Do ask questions if you do not understand.
2. Do take every opportunity to help to help one another develop into a team.
3. The “Double Time Trot” is accepted mode of transportation from one place to another while outdoors.
4. Tardiness or unexpected absenteeism will not be tolerated in the fire service, period. Better to be a hour early than a minute late.
5. Arriving for duty unprepared will demonstrate the qualities necessary for a new career elsewhere.
6. A lack of aggressiveness in manipulative work will shorten your basic training period significantly.
7. Disregard for safety will get you canned.
8. Standing with your hands in your pockets will raise questions about your respect for authority and your level of attention.
9. Profanity and/or spitting on the ground will get you a job with someone else.
10. If it doesn’t move, clean it. If it does move, address it as “Sir”.
11. Don’t attempt to socialize with regular members of the department during the basic training period.
12. Show respect for all co-workers at all times.
13. Hustle, shine and always look good.
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)