Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Help Wanted

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Help Wanted

Hey Guys/Gals,

I am a firefighter of 11 years in Michigan and was wondering if you know of any departments hiring for full-time positions. **Not just looking in Michigan**. If your department is hiring can you please post your department name and requirements and if possible phone number to your human resourses department?

Thanks for your help.

Stay safe!!
    Andrew J. LaPrise

Default Here...

Get job updates DAILY to your computer. Spend the little extra
    money if your serious. (about 7 dollars a month) Dont waste your
    time is bad tips and late dead lines. There are professionals
    out there that have been doing the job thing for years.

Here are you links when your ready to get serious-

www.firecareers.com
    www.firerecruit.com
    Last edited by CALFFBOU; 09-01-2004 at 02:15 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber firefighterbeau's Avatar

i personally use americas job bank http://www.ajb.dni.us/ just type in firefighter and it comes up with lots of results. some are way off and not even firefighter jobs, i don't mind looking through some of the other opportunties it comes up with once in a while.

MembersZone Subscriber Firedan38's Avatar

you can always join firehouse.com and check the job listings there.
    Any commander who fails to exceed his authority is not of much use to his subordinates. - Arleigh Burke

Lyon Twp Fire Department??? havent heard that name in quite a few years is the Cash Family still running the Show???my Dad Paul Doyle was on Lyon Twp. and South Lyon fire department he was on lyon twp for a couple yrs and South Lyon for about 8 yrs. oh yeah do you guys still have those ridiculous Clowns on the trucks...lol???
    Rest In Peace
    Anndee Huber-A tragedy which could have been prevented!
    Ban Alcohol in the Firehouse!

MembersZone Subscriber

Engine1401CFD,

Wow, That names sure does sound familiar. How long ago was it that your dad worked here? I have been on Lyon Township for 6 years now. The Cash's are still running the department. You would be surprised at the turn around our department has taken in the last 3-4 years. We built 2 new stations, replaced many of the old trucks, added a full-time Chief and Inspector and have duty guys working Mon-Sun 7am-5pm. As for the clowns, I had to laugh when you mentioned that. They painted over the clowns before I got on. I do know the story behind them though, ha ha ha...Lyon Clownship!!! I think we have finally gotton rid of that name. We got rid of all the guys that ran the circus. I would like to talk it up with you more, if you dont mind? You can email me at: firefly2420@firehousemail.com . If your interested you can check out our wesite at www.ltffa.com . It should have all our trucks up on it by next week. You can view allot of info about our department and check out pics of our new stations and firefighters. Hope to hear from you soon.
    Last edited by FIREFLY2420; 09-02-2004 at 02:28 PM.
    Andrew J. LaPrise

Cool

My Dad got on right after the milford accident he actually was the first one to code in that old ambulance you guys have this is a funny story it was just delivered brand new with no mwdical equipment and him and don cogar had signed for it and naturally took it for a joy ride when the tones went off for a medical so they had to haul ***** back to the station to get the old van. he knew Don Cogar pretty good so if you see him give him his E-Mail Address its
    pdoyle@netins.net Him and my dad are old buddies well i got your E-Mail Address so ill keep in touch with you.

Stay safe on that Highway man and good luck with your career search ill be in that same boat in a year or so..
    Rest In Peace
    Anndee Huber-A tragedy which could have been prevented!
    Ban Alcohol in the Firehouse!

MembersZone Subscriber

Ha Ha Ha....I can totally see that happening. Don is a great guy. He is still on, he actually made Sgt. 2 years ago at my station. I had to call him and tell him this story. He started laughing, said he could remember that day clearly. I told him about your dads email, but he does not have a computer. If you know him well enough you will know why he doesnt. I dont think he could even find the power button (damn hillbilly). I would like to keep him and your dad in contact, so if you wanna give your dad my email, I will relay the messages back and forth. He can also reach Don at our fire station #2 (248)437-9863. Don usually works 3 days a week, I think Tuesday and Thursdays for sure. Hope to hear from ya soon. Stay safe!!
    Andrew J. LaPrise

FIREFLY2420- In addition to catching up on old times,
    did any of those links I posted help you?

-Bou

Forum Member

Check out our website for info. www.chesterfieldfire.org
    The only thing that may change on the requirements is MFR is rumored to be Pchnaged to paramedic. New station should be done early next year. New station = more firefighters.

MembersZone Subscriber

CALFFBOU...Thanks for your sites. I did check them out.

FB1138...Thanks for the info. I actually want to move to Chesterfield as my girlfriend and her family live out there. I will stop by and pick up an application. Be safe!!
    Andrew J. LaPrise

Take a look at Scottsdale AZ. I here they're dumping Rural Metro and going fully paid. Thank God for that!

Thread Information