Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fdny Sept.

Default Fdny Sept.

Has anyone else heard anything or gotten their letters for september? I guess enough people from the old list panicked and got there stuff together, because i am list number 177, and ive heard nothing.

Chris

MembersZone Subscriber

my friend spoke to his and my investigator the other day, and she said they had gotten to #138 on the new list, but that was probably as high as they would go for this class, but the next class is going to be a big one (300) or so

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey FRO516BMX

It's bizarre, of the info I can get, 34 eligibles remained from the two promotion lists, at the most, 117 would have been appointed from our list to get to the 138 number (that's not skipping anyone, everyone being ready to go minus the 21 eligibles who went through the last class) which would birng the class to 151, meaning 30 or so on the other list (Exam #7029) to get the class of 180 they kept claiming they were having.

I'm wondering what's going on. It's unlikely they took 117 from our list, and I can't imagine there's a huge number from 7029.

They mystery continues...

Jim

martinez24@comcast.net

Default FDNY numbers

I could definitely imagine more than 30 or 40 guys getting hiring from the old list. Its not something that was very probable, because that test was 6 years ago, and its likely most of the people not already hired have moved on. However, for people who did want the job, and suddenly realized september was their last opportunity, I can imagine more than 50 guys getting their CFR D or 30 college credits. I know of 3 or 4 myself, and ive heard other stories, Mostly guys who are already on PD. Like i said, sucks for all of us on the new list, but Im trying to look at it as an opportunity to make sure that i spend these 3 months getting in the best shape of my life, and studying my friends only probie manuals. See you guys at the Rock.

i meant to write old probie manuals, not only, sorry.

Forum Member

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU THAT START PROBY SCHOOL TOMORROW MORNING!

MembersZone Subscriber

Yeah guys -- and keep us posted

Jim

martinez24@comcast.net

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up

GOOD LUCK TO ALL THAT ARE GOING INTO THE ROCK 9/13/04!

Default SO CLOSE

According to the FDNY website, they reached list number 158 for the Sept. class, and the old list 7029 is now officially done. The next classes put in will consist of mostly of 2043, with some from the promotions lists. I am list number 177. Hope to see you guys in December, barring any unforseen events.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default GOOD NEWS!

Well, the good news of this is that they appointed 180 to the September class and that those of us on List 2043 will be the only members of the next classes at least through next Summer. If the next classes are 300 probies per class (as someone mentioned, don't know if that's true or not); then it's not impossible for them to reach 1900 by May.

(Of course I could be hoping this too much with #2363 but if they do reach that number that quick, then it's not unlikely to think a year from now I'll be at the Rock)

Jim

martinez24@comcast.net

Forum Member

IF that rumor about 300 in december is true I"m gonna have to figure something out real quick with school and all. Part of me wants that to be true, well actually most of me wants that to be true, but the other part wants me to atleast finish the semester.
    On the other hand why would they make a class so big, the past two classes have been relatively small compared to what recent classes have been. Possibly they are trying to get back to a normal hiring rate. But as we have all seen, you never know what the city is up to!

AS ALWAYS GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!

MembersZone Subscriber

Who knows what's going on. Maybe it's more cost-effective to add another 120? Maybe the rumors about the extra retirements is true? Who knows -- wish there was some sort of estimate/time frame when they'll be reaching or getting towards our numbers so we can plan.

firefiftyfive - as far as finishing classes, if they get to your number, I think you can defer so you can finish school and join up when you're done. What's your number?

Anyone got any other news?

Jim

martinez24@comcast.net

Originally posted by firefiftyfive

On the other hand why would they make a class so big, the past two classes have been relatively small compared to what recent classes have been. Possibly they are trying to get back to a normal hiring rate. But as we have all seen, you never know what the city is up to!

Well...there are a tremendous amount of retirements still going on...and on average...I noticed about 4 guys a dept order...QUITING?!?!...mostly guys appointed after 2000.
    IACOJ Member

MembersZone Subscriber

I was told that the retirements were basically back to a normal basis and not the extreme number that they were in recent months, but you would know better then me so thanks for the update. i did a little math also and im not sure if it is right but so far they reached list #158. 19 guys were in the first class and 49 in the class right now, so thats 68 guys. i figured it to be a hiring ration of 1 hire for every 2.3 candidates "1:2.3" anybody else come up with something different? sorry im just trying to figure out my chances at 3286. alright be safe brothers and good luck

Forum Member

Originally posted by martinez24

firefiftyfive - as far as finishing classes, if they get to your number, I think you can defer so you can finish school and join up when you're done. What's your number?

Jim

martinez24@comcast.net

Yea I have thought about deferring but I'm afraid of all the things that could happen if I do that, ie: lost paper work, stop hiring, I somehow get hurt etc. And like all of you I have worked to damn hard to get to where I am, so I am going to take it as soon as it comes. I've never had below a 3.0 in school anyway so one bad semester if I have to miss the last week aint gonna ruin me.
    Last edited by firefiftyfive; 09-15-2004 at 01:14 PM.

Default fdny investigation

if anyone on list 2043 is pretty high up on the list and has not heard anything i would contact the investigation unit asap.I am 719 and had been waitin to here something since i got my list number in may.Well today i received a letter from the candidate investigation unit that i would be removed from the list if i did not respond in 10 days.They are claiming they sent me a letter for an interview in april and i didnt show up.I never received this letter from them but i live in an apartment so maybe it got lost or something.JUst a heads up to guys who are waiting to stay on top of them,because as in my case they do make mistakes.Good thing they gave me 10 days to respond or i would have been sol. good luck to those waiting

MembersZone Subscriber

beef72

Thanks for the update, and keep us posted. That's the best news I've heard so far -- not that you almost got screwed -- but that they're up to the 700's that quickly. It gives those of us with even higher numbers even more hope

Good Luck!

Jim

martinez24@comcast.net

Default fdny investigation

my advice to anyone is stay on top of the investigation section,thank god i had ten days to respond.I spoke to some investigator a month ago and he told me oh dont worry they will call you for the backround in sept and then i got this letter stating i didnt respond to them.Stay on top of them,good luck everyone

Forum Member

Seriously, keep on on DCAS and the investigators....I'm still waiting on the results of my appeal regarding my city residency.

When I called before the list came out, they told me to wait until the list came out and stop bothering them. When the list came out and I didn't receive my city residency points, they told me I should have worried about it before the list was announced...

They deal with a lot of us, so I'm not surprised that they have an attitude. BUT, get what you need from them, and don't take no for an answer.

By the way, I call regarding the appeal once a month, with still no decision...

#2788 - (Perferably 600's)

Forum Member

Default ?

Hey Beef what appointment are you talking about? You are making me a bit nervous. Are you talking about the initial interview where you hand in your packet and all your paper work? And get assigned your medical and psychological date?

Thread Information