Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience

View Poll Results: What type of audio visual aid helps you understand the material best?

Voters
9. You may not vote on this poll
  • Blackboard, whiteboard, flip charts

0 0%
  • Videos (VHS/DVD)

1 11.11%
  • Computer presentations w/multimedia projector(or TV)

3 33.33%
  • Computer enhanced simulation

7 77.78%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Question Interactive computer simulation training

Our department is looking into the possiblity of interactive computer simulation training as part of our initial training for recruits and for ICS and tactical situation training for the rest of our firefighters. The system I'm envisioning would be very simular to the computer games available and would allow students, each at their own station, to interact with each other and positively or negitively impact the outcome of the fire.

QUESTION 1: Can anyone give me specific direction - i.e., software vendors, hardware requirements, networking tips?

Question 2: Does anyone have any practical experience managing a system such as this? What are the pitfalls? Were the outcomes as you expected?

Thanks for any/all help

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Simulation Training

In my orgainzation, as well as when I teach my programs, I utilize the Digital Combustion Program. They are based out of Costa Mesa, CA. I have used many programs before, and found this to be the very best. It is easy to use, easy to manipulate, and can be used for recruit, or officer training. I suggest going to thier web site and taking a look.

MembersZone Subscriber

we use the same program. It works very very well as long as you take the time to program realistic scenarios. Also a great part of the program is that you can use photos that you take yourself. This is nice for practicing for major incidents at places like industrial sites etc.

-----------
    FF/FR

Post Re: Simulation Training

Originally posted by Firetown1
    In my orgainzation, as well as when I teach my programs, I utilize the Digital Combustion Program. They are based out of Costa Mesa, CA. I have used many programs before, and found this to be the very best. It is easy to use, easy to manipulate, and can be used for recruit, or officer training. I suggest going to thier web site and taking a look.
    Any chance of posting details to me as to where I can contact DCP, i.e. web etc. Much appreciated.

MembersZone Subscriber

Forum Member

Default Digital Combustion

The www.digitalcombustion.com has just added video samples of the program. We will soon be adding video tutorials. Let us know what you would like to see. We'll try to put it up for you.

Rich

Thread Information