MembersZone Subscriber

Angry Fubar Paper Work!!!

ARG!!

I am an IDIOT when it comes to paper work.

My morning ritual, loging onto the grant website to check my 3 apps for 3 FDs.

One of them had the Update 1199A.

YES!!!

I had not been notified of any changes. This department is in the adjoining county from me so I dont get to keep up with all that goes on...

I hit submit thinking all is perfectly fine.

I fanaly get ahold of the chief, he tells me that they had just changed banks a month before.

Before I can even get to the phone to call FEMA the 8 questions arive.

I fill them out favorably and send them back.

Now What!?!?!

Should I wait until they are awarded to try and straighten out the direct deposite???

Will this doom me to failure???

WHY ME???

Should I call FEMA as soon as possible and beg for mercy???

HELP!!!

And Thanks.
    -Brotherhood: I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
    -Mistakes: It could be that the purpose of you life is to serve as a warning to others.

-Adversity: That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.

-Despair: Its always darkest before it goes Pitch Black.

Forum Member

Talking How About

calling the help desk and asking them what steps you should take to correct this error.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Re: How About

Originally posted by demon641
    calling the help desk and asking them what steps you should take to correct this error.
    Tried that...

They have a recording saying they wont get back to me until next tuesday the 7th of september...

I want to sleep between now and then.

I have emailed them and have thrown myself at their feat begging for mercy that the grant may live.

It seems that they would like to grant the money to us, so I am reasonably confident that all will be well.

But I am STILL stressed tot he max.
    -Brotherhood: I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
    -Mistakes: It could be that the purpose of you life is to serve as a warning to others.

MembersZone Subscriber

We got our award today and in the award package one of the first things it states is:

The first step in requesting your grant funds is to confirm your correct Direct Deposit Information. Please go on-line to the AFG eGrants system at https://portal.fema.gov and if you have not done so, complete and submit your SF 1199A, Direct Deposit Sign-up Form. Please forward the original, completed SF 1199A, Direct Deposit Sign-up Form, signed by your organization and the banking institution to the address below:
    So (I'm thinking) even if you don't get it staightened out now, you can always do it when you receive the award.

Thumbs up No worries........

Samson:

Your not going to lose your grant - if you havent requested funds, then you will be able to make the necessary changes prior to FEMA sending you any money.

You should have a email that came to your application email stating you were awarded - it should read like this:

Congratulations!

Your grant application submitted under the Emergency Preparedness and Response Directorate's (EP&R/FEMA of DHS) FY 04 Assistance to Firefighters Grant Program has been approved for award. Please go to https://portal.fema.gov. This will take you to the Assistance to Firefighters eGrants system. Enter your User Name and Password as requested on the login screen (on the left). Your User Name and Password are the same as those used to complete the application on-line. Once you are in the system, the Status page will be the first screen you see. On the right side of the Status screen, you will see a column entitled Action. In this column, you will see a link that says View Award Package. Click this link. This link will take you to your award package. Please print your award package for your records.

While you are in the system, you will see a link that says Update 1199A in the Action column. Click this link. This link will take you to the SF-1199A, Direct Deposit Sign-up Form. Please complete the SF-1199A on-line if you have not already done so. Submit the form electronically. If you have not already mailed a copy of your SF 1199A to FEMA, print the form (using the Print 1199A button),write your grant number on the form, and take it to your bank to have the bottom portion completed and mailed to the following address:

Department of Homeland Security
    Emergency Preparedness and Response Directorate (EP&R/FEMA of DHS)
    Attn: Assistance to Firefighters Grant
    Grants Management Branch
    Room 350
    500 C Street, SW, Room 350
    Washington, DC 20472

Due to delays in delivery of regular USPS mail to government offices, we suggest that you use USPS priority mail or a commercial overnight delivery service to decrease the amount of time that elapses between our request for information and your response. Please allow three weeks for the processing of your SF 1199A. You will receive an email when your form has been approved. If you have any questions regarding your SF-1199A, please call 1-866-274-0960 or 1-877-510-6762.

If you call the number in the email then update your 1199 all will be fine.

Enjoy the weekend and get some sleep!

Chief Spann

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks for the replys guys.

I am sure you are right that we will be able to change all that stuff later.

I will be a least a couple of months after the award before we request funds so there will be plenty of time.

This is great, those guys realy need that grant.

Thanks again.

MembersZone Subscriber

I screwed up our 1199 and submitted it before I realized the screw up. What they had me do was call the grant help line, tell them what you did and they will (eventually) get you to the person who is in charge of your grant. They will need to release your 1199 from their end in order for you to reedit it online. It only took a little bit of time for me....For us, they needed to release your 1199 first, before you could resubmit it.

Congratulations! Now you can shop for that fitness equipment I know you've been waiting for LOL

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by ameryfd
    I screwed up our 1199 and submitted it before I realized the screw up. What they had me do was call the grant help line, tell them what you did and they will (eventually) get you to the person who is in charge of your grant. They will need to release your 1199 from their end in order for you to reedit it online. It only took a little bit of time for me....For us, they needed to release your 1199 first, before you could resubmit it.

Congratulations! Now you can shop for that fitness equipment I know you've been waiting for LOL

OH MY GOD, YOU DIDNT!!!!

I dont have a problem with fitness equipment, I like to use it myself, I just hat to see FDs that need actual firefighting equipment not get what then need.

But that eliptical machine and hot tub is going to be GREAT!!!

Thanks for the info. I am hopeing I can get through on the help line today and get things fixed.

Thread Information