Default Average wait after 10 Questions

I've noticed through these threads the average wait between receiving the 10 questions and being awarded is, on average 4 weeks. We received the 10 questions August 05 and responded to them that night. Have not noticed an 1199A, but answered the question that our banking information was the same as last year; have been told not to expect another 1199A since we received a grant during 2003. I'm just wondering:
    1) If any of you all received questions of or near August 05 and have still not been awarded?

2) Has anyone ever heard of a department getting the questions and never receiving a grant?

3) What has been the longest wait from either the questions or 1199A until being awarded during the 2004 process?

During 2003 we didn't receive a grant until the 28th round, but had the 1199A link on 11/13/03, answered the 10 questions by phone on 11/20/03, received a phone call from the Senators office on 11/26/03 and was awarded a grant on 11/28/03.

Congratulations to those who have been awarded and good luck to those still waiting.

300WC,

I think our dept. has one of the longest waiting times from 1199a to actual award. Our 2003 grant timeline:

1. 1199a request Oct. 16, 2003
    2. Confirmation for 1199a 3 wks later (fema said it can take up to one month to process)
    3. 8 questions Dec. 12, 2003
    4. Confirmation for questions 3 days later
    5. Award notification Jan. 23, 2004
    6. Performance period started Feb. 15, 2004

I have never heard of any department that has received either an 1199a or the questions (one may come before the other) not being awarded. I just wanted to give our timeline as it was just as stressful as waiting from June 2003 to October 2003 just for the 1199a (4 months) then another 3 months before award notification.

Congrats on your grant and hope your wait is short, stay safe this weekend.

Chief Spann

Default Those questions

We received the questions on August 5th also. Yesterday morning at 04:51 I was notified by email that we had received the award. We received a grant last year also but there was a five week wait between the questions and the actual award.

MembersZone Subscriber

We received the 8 questions (and responded) on July 14th and haven't heard anything yet.

MembersZone Subscriber

We received our quesions on 08/05 (replied immediately), the 1199A confrimation request on 08/06 (replied on 08/11 & confirmed same day) and just got a call today (09/08) from our local Congressman and Senator announcing our award. So for us it comes to 4 weeks to the day from the 1199A confirmation date.

Third year applying, first time award. Needless to say, we're pretty pleased. Time to go shopping......

Good luck to those still waiting. It can be awfully frustrating.

Forum Member

congrates to you...Maciroch we also got our 1199a request on 8/5 got confirmation on 8/12 but we haven't gotten the questions yet. hopely soon. good luck to all of you still waiting...

Another week and no grant award. It has now been six weeks since we answered the 10 questions. Some much for the four week average turn around after completing FEMA's requested information (questions and/or 1199a).

I am chief in a small west Texas town ( www.marathontexas.net ) that has never had a new engine. We cover a small (1000 population, but it is one of the largest areas in the nation to cover (2,800 quare miles) We applied for this grant for the first time this year. Last Saturday morning at 6:00 AM 9/4/04 I received a request for the 1199a. It was interesting but now that I have found these forums I am really excited. We have ordered the truck thanks to a state grant, but the remaining 45k would mean years of selling burritos. Our annual county budget is $3,500, we are the poorest county in Texas (Brewster). We have 48 miles of UPRR lines in our department, (there have been head on crashes of trains in marathon, last one in 1996) we have almost 100 miles of border with Mexico, lots of smugglers, and about 300,000 tourists per year (Big Bend National Park) Our mutual aid area is over 8,000 square miles of mountains and canyons. We desperately need this grant (it was to pay the balance of the truck that will be delivered in January, and to buy some basic Haz-Mat suits, patches, etc.)

Thanks to all that are posting. We haven't received our 10 questions, but I am still hoping. 1199a was signed for in Washington at 8:15 AM today, so I am hoping that we receive the questions soon. Can anybody give me a hint about what the questions ask so that I can start preparing? Sure do hope my hopes are not up too high, but noone in this part of Texas has ever gotten a grant from Fema. (not within 165 miles.)

Thanks again. Big Bend Bombero...txvff@yahoo.com

Forum Member

Bigbend,
    I would say your in for sure. We got our 1199a on 8/5/04 sent it next day so it was confirmed on 8/12/04. and still havent gotten the questions yet. Some get them on same day other i have read had gotten them 6 to 8 weeks later. I know it's hard. Waiting is the hardest part. I Have read the 10 questions and they are simple yes or no with a few that need to have other answers. take you made 5 minutes to answer.
    My Husband is also a fire chief of a small town fire dept..all Vol. congrates on your grant..you should hear something soon..just hang on...

Forum Member

This thread is very encouraging. We got the list of questions and stuff a month or two ago. I am happy to read that it generally indicates you are going to get what you asked for. Maybe the next round will include us
    Even the burger-flippers at McDonald's probably have some McWackers.

Thread Information