MembersZone Subscriber

Default WMD/HAZMAT Drill on 9/11

Several Departments in the Salt Lake Valley have planned a multi-agency WMD/HAZMAT Drill for Spetember 9,10,11(one day for each platoon).

What do you think about holding a major drill, let alone a WMD type drill on 9/11?
    From the Planet Utah
    AJ

Have a moment of silence and go for it. Can't let terrorism change your normal routines.
    IACOJ Canine Officer
    20/50

MembersZone Subscriber

AJ,

I am personally looking forward to the drill. I happen to know a great deal of time and effort has gone into providing this multi-agency training opportunity.

What better way to remember those who gave so much than to improve our skills and become even better at our jobs. Remember the past by learning from it and being better prepared for the future.

Look forward to seeing you there.
    Firefighter/Paramedic Ron Sanders
    Midvale Fire Department
    Medic Ambulance 22 - A Platoon

Firefighters, Walking where the Devil Danced!

This is simply my opinion and does not represent the opinion or view of my employer(s) or any department/agency to which I belong.

Personal Website: http://RonSanders.Biz Check it Out!

Forum Member

Lightbulb Ambulances are only for the liveing....

What do you think about holding a major drill, let alone a WMD type drill on 9/11?
    Remember the fallen, train to save the liveing..........
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

MembersZone Subscriber

We have already forgotten. The only "formal" ceremony honoring firefighters was sponsored by the uber liberals of utah (No, I did not smack any of them- I thanked them for remembering). A volunteer group from the Salt Lake City Honor Guard performed a flag ceremony.

I believe that it is a shame and a dishonor to the families of the fallen 343 to have forgotten the sacrifices made. Two of the families that I have stayed in contact with since attending memorial services in 2001 were appalled.

One year after, we had a parade. Two years, we had a much smaller ceremony at the State Fire Museum. This year, little to no acknowledgement and a drill based around a nefarious activity. I believe that it was insensitive to plan an activity on a day sacred to so many in the fire service.

The planners could have worked long and hard to schedule the drill for the folllowing weekend--but that would have made one of the drill days occur on a sunday.

Let's not forget again next year. I won't.

AJ

PS I took the day off, but still came in on my own time to participate in the drill. Sometimes you have to subordinate your personal beliefs and ethics to serve the greater good.

Thread Information