Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber

Default those waiting to hear from Clark County

My husband has been waiting to hear from Vegas FD and is supposed to find something out around week of 9/13. We had pretty much written Clark County FD off because he was told he didn't make the first class off his list because he scored an "Above Average" on his interview and they hired those that scored an "Outstanding". Sources say that's not true either, it came down more to who you knew. Anyway, the news now is that of the 25 that started this last class, 8-10 have not made it through. So, they are hiring another class to start a week after this current class graduates. If you are waiting for Clark County, don't call HR to confirm this because they will deny it and say they may give another Fire test before hiring again (this current list is an open hire). Our source was asked to instruct this next class, so he is a pretty reliable source of info. So, that is the latest. HR dept says that they have 100 people calling each day asking about their status. They never sent letters or anything to those that didn't make the first cut, the HR secretary told my husband that it was not "cost effective".

Default CCFD...

Too bad the CCFd has always been like this. Just too hard to
    read or get answers. I have seen it first hand. It is true,
    its "who you know or what team did you play ball for?" I
    dont have a lot of faith in the management either.

Sounds like the best news is to just sit back and chill.
    I am guessing we will still see more postions come from
    all of the So. Nev. FDs soon.

Take care.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default AAaagghh!

Well, as of right now, we aren't going to experience any Southern Nevada Fire Dept. Las Vegas passed him over too! Hired 14 out of 150 that made it to psych test and chief interview. The sad thing is, is that the chief was highly impressed with his credentials and experience. We are just throwing our hands up in the air in disgust and frustration! I know they will be hiring more throughout the year, but we have to stop now. It has been a long two years and he is reaching a point in his career that would make a move impossible. So, we tried, it didn't work out for whatever reason, we have two good jobs where we are at and that will have to do! I can't stand that politics are probably the only reason we aren't getting ready to move out west! Thanks for all of the support with my worries...Capt Bob especially!

Default I know...

It does suck that the So. Nevada FDs like to leave people hanging.
    One point I would like to make is that please remember Affirmative
    Action is still alive and well in Nevada.

This could be a reason some people were picked and others
    werent.

Thread Information