Thread: Fireworks

Forum Member

Default Fireworks

Anyone out there confiscate fireworks?
    If so, Who disposes them and how do they do it?

Thanks

Forum Member

Exclamation

Yes all fireworks are taken to a fire training center and put in contaniers or an area and burned or otherwise disposed of in a safe manner.

MembersZone Subscriber

If fireworks are illegal in your jurisdiction, they are contraband and should be confiscated by the police. They are evidence of a crime.

They should be disposed of by personnel who know what they are doing...like bomb techs. Burning is the appropriate method of disposal.

Forum Member

Confiscated fireworks are taken to the Department of Fire Services facility in Stow, where the members of the State Police Hazardous Devices Unit detonate them.
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Forum Member

If there's alot we call the PD and they have the Bomb Squad deal with them. Although one year there was a large fireworks bust and the bomb techs were going to burn them at our then training school. A pit was dug,filled with the goods,and they lit it.First there were some pops and bangs.Five minutes later there was a tremendious explosion that broke about 8 windows and scared the crap out of the recruits in the classroom. Best thing,it was caught on tape.

Forum Member

Default Don't mess with them!

When I was with U.S. Customs, we had Army EOD pick up the fireworks. One day, they were loading the fireworks from their bunker into a truck to take out and destroy. A 'snapper' (throw it down and it pops) went off, and detonated all the fireworks in the truck. 3 EOD troops were killed (including a friend of mine).

These are NOT toys. 3 expierenced EOD techs killed in the blast!

I say again:
    Do NOT mess with them. Approach with extreme caution. Just because you used them as a kid does not make you an expert.

MembersZone Subscriber

Do NOT mess with them. Approach with extreme caution. Just because you used them as a kid does not make you an expert.
    This is also sound advice when it comes to women.

Forum Member

Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI

This is also sound advice when it comes to women.
    ROFLMAO!!

George, I think that's the funniest thing you've said in a long time!! Kudos!

MembersZone Subscriber

I let the cops handle that, I just like putting out the fires caused by people that don't know how to use them.

Thread Information