Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Default September 11 memorials

I am looking for a September 11 commemoration in Vermont. All I find for September 11 on the internet are cheese festivals and dances. Are any of you aware of one? I moved to Vermont last year from NYC and spent 9 months volunteering at the site. I cannot make it to the city this year and hoped to find a ceremony somewhere in Vermont.

Thanks for your help.

Forum Member

We will be having some sort of remembrance on 9/11 at our fire station at "the 5 corners" in Essex Junction. It may just be a static display with personnel at the station, or we may have a short ceremony. Everyone is welcome to stop by. If there is a ceremony, it will likely be in the morning, but the station will be open all day.

Williston FD is having some sort of ceremony at 9:30 at their station 1 on Rte. 2 in Williston village.

I'm only speculating, but I would be very surprised if Burlington FD doesn't have something going on as well.

Please feel welcome to join in on at least one.
    TW
    Essex Junction Fire Dept.
    Vermont

I haven't heard anything about Burlington....and I don't think SBFD has anything major going on..

So, we had the candlelight vigil last night up at Overlook Park in South Burlington...

But.. as it was ending, we got called for a "Phase 5" at BIA... It was kinda weird..

Thank you both for the invitations. I ended up having a small group of other New Yorkers I know at my home for the morning times. We played Amazing Grace and prayed and gave our thoughts. I have a lot of letters from children and tee shirts, patches and pins and other kinds of memory items that were displayed....and then we ate a lot of cake, chocolate and drank coffee. It was good. It must have felt weird to be called out during your vigil.

Thread Information