MembersZone Subscriber

Question Alpine Red Alert software

Are any of you out there using Red Alert software from the Alpine Software company? If so, how do you like it? What would you change? My department is using software that was home grown and in File Pro+ (DOS based system). It's at least 20 years old. The person that developed and maintained the system is retiring in a couple of months and nobody else knows how to use or maintain the system. A bad situation, I know! I've been tasked with finding something to bring us up to the 21st century. We had a demo of the Red Alert system and like it very much considering what we have been using.
    We need a program that does everything except for budget. Needs to cover payroll, vacation time, inventory, inspections and everything else that a career department tracks.
    Captain/EMT-P

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Nobody???????

Nobody out there is using this software???? What are you using then? How do you like it?
    Captain/EMT-P

Forum Member

I've never heard of this software, but from what you want to do, FH Software does it, although I'm not sure about the vaction part. Just something else for you to look at.......
    The comments made by me are my opinions only. They DO NOT reflect the opinions of my employer(s). If you have an issue with something I may say, take it up with me, either by posting in the forums, emailing me through my profile, or PMing me through my profile.
    We are all adults so there is no need to act like a child........
    IACOJ

IACOJ Agitator

I know the Blue Hills Fire Department in Bloomfield, CT use it. I don't have any experience with it though. They like it. They chose it after evaluating a wide variety of programs.
    IACOJ Agitator
    Fightin' Da Man Since '78!

Forum Member

Default Fire Department Software

Alpine Software I have seen it and looks good, we are using software from Emergency Software Products, Inc. for the past 15 years and it does all that we need, Fire Inspections, NFIRS, Inventory and Maintenance, Hydrants, Personnel and Training and Pre-Plans. If you would like to see a demo visit there web site at www.emergencysoftware.com. They also have a pen tablet inspection system

William Smith
    Fire Marshal

Forum Member

Thumbs up We use Red Alert

Red Alert seems to have some deficiencies. I've just begun to manage the system for our fire department so the cards are still out there. But we've sunk a lot of money into the software.

Default Alpins Software

We have been using Alpine for 10 years now in our department. Please feel free to contact me by PM if you have further questions.

Forum Member

We use Fire Station Software.

http://www.firestationsoftware.com

Forum Member

Hewletts Red Alert is terrific we still have a run sheet at my fire house with a big sign above it saying this is how red alert reports should come out.......

Thread Information