Forum Member

Default Why don't all Engine's have Squirts?

I was just thinking or in fact think from time to time why don't all engines have the squirt tower on them? We wouldn't have the quint debate of all engines had elevated master streams with them. Over all Im just trying to get some ideas why and why dont people get these.
    Bucks County, PA.

Forum Member

Personally, I'd rather have a ladder and gun instead of just a squirt. Why? You can't climb up or down a squirt. Why limit yourself to just 1 function. By the way, my Engine is an E-One 50' Teleboom.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

ok but say you do have a good solid ladder company why not also back them up with a squirt....doesn't a 50ft boom work better then a deck gun in the end?
    Bucks County, PA.

MembersZone Subscriber

Here we go.

Forum Member

Your right George here we go!!!

Engines with squirts on top= wanna be truckies.

"Removing spoon from pot"

Forum Member

Wink Let's think about this

Why don't all engines have squirts on them ?

Well than ask your self this....Why don't all Ladder Trucks Carry Water, - Why don't all Tankers carry dump tanks ? - I could go on and on.....Squirts, Quints, Tankers and the like are usually speciality pieces and are ordered based on the needs of a particular department. What one might need doesn't mean another needs the exact same thing. Why duplicate things if you don't have to ?

Forum Member

doesn't a 50ft boom work better then a deck gun in the end
    Not always. I can take a deck gun to the back of the house, when there is no rear access for a truck. I can take a deck gun down on the beach where I can't get my truck. I can shoot a deck gun under trees that my ladder can't fit under or over. They all have a purpose, you just have to know when to use which.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

thats what i thought, but it just seems like a really good idea for some and for others useless.
    Bucks County, PA.

Forum Member

why don't all engines have the squirt tower on them
    good idea for some and for others useless
    I think you just answered your own question.

Default Squirts

Are you refering to paid depts or vol. or both? In our case of a Vol. dept we would have to issues getting a squirt on all our engines. The first is cost, we have 4 engines in our department. How much extra is the cost for each engine to have a squirt on it?
    The second problem would be justification to the town. We also have a 75' telequirt in our town which meets our needs and demand for an elevated master stream. We also have 3 surrounding towns that have either a 75' telequirt or a 100' tower. It would be hard to explain to our town the need for a squirt on every engine when in 15 to 20 minutes I could have something bigger and better.

It would be a great thing to have on every engine in certain cases, like rural departments where mutual aid is a long way away, or if a town doesnt have an ladder truck or tower.

MembersZone Subscriber

Default Re: Squirts

Originally posted by ffjerry2000
    Are you refering to paid depts or vol. or both? In our case of a Vol. dept we would have to issues getting a squirt on all our engines. The first is cost, we have 4 engines in our department. How much extra is the cost for each engine to have a squirt on it?
    The second problem would be justification to the town. We also have a 75' telequirt in our town which meets our needs and demand for an elevated master stream. We also have 3 surrounding towns that have either a 75' telequirt or a 100' tower. It would be hard to explain to our town the need for a squirt on every engine when in 15 to 20 minutes I could have something bigger and better.

It would be a great thing to have on every engine in certain cases, like rural departments where mutual aid is a long way away, or if a town doesnt have an ladder truck or tower.
    Jerry, don't you find it odd that there were no squirts at the WTC on 9/11? It definitely wasn't addressed by NIST or the Commission. I have good informationt hat all of FDNY's squirts were either in Saudi Arabia or were driven to Long Island by Jewish fire fighters who were warned by Tel Aviv.

We need to get to the bottom of this.

Jerry, don't you find it odd that there were no squirts at the WTC on 9/11? It definitely wasn't addressed by NIST or the Commission. I have good informationt hat all of FDNY's squirts were either in Saudi Arabia or were driven to Long Island by Jewish fire fighters who were warned by Tel Aviv.
    Why bring that crap into this thread, which is completely non 9/11 related??

It's one thing if he brings up some other conspiracy in another post, but his reply was competely clean of anything like that.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by 42VTExplorer

Why bring that crap into this thread, which is completely non 9/11 related??

It's one thing if he brings up some other conspiracy in another post, but his reply was competely clean of anything like that.
    Yeah. Whatever.

Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI

Yeah. Whatever.
    I'm surprised to see this response..

What Jerry posted, was not anything conspiracy related. A few bad posts, and you jump down his throat when he posts something completely within reason.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by 42VTExplorer

I'm surprised to see this response..

What Jerry posted, was not anything conspiracy related. A few bad posts, and you jump down his throat when he posts something completely within reason.
    Gee, I don't think I jumped down anybody's throat. I was just asking. It seems like a reasonable question.

BTW: A "few bad posts"? That is like saying ahurricane has a few raindrops.

MembersZone Subscriber

Talking

Stop it George..... your killing me!!
    Buckle Up, Slow Down, Arrive Alive
    "Everybody Goes Home"

IACOJ 2003

I have good informationt hat all of FDNY's squirts were either in Saudi Arabia or were driven to Long Island by Jewish fire fighters who were warned by Tel Aviv.
    ....I rest my case.

Forum Member

ROFLMAO !!!!!!!!!! maybe ............... Oh I cant .......ROFLMAO ! thats great ............ HAHAHAHAHAA
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

LOL!!!! NIce........

Originally posted by Bones42
    Personally, I'd rather have a ladder and gun instead of just a squirt. Why? You can't climb up or down a squirt. Why limit yourself to just 1 function. By the way, my Engine is an E-One 50' Teleboom.
    Yes you can climb up or down a Squirt..... Just depends on the type.......

MembersZone Subscriber

Without getting into the quint debate the simple fact is that a squirt cost more in both original purchase price and maintenance.

Default Re: Re: Squirts

This kind of ignorant childish behavior is the reason posts get closed. Who is the troll now?!?! Enough said!

Forum Member
    Rural Wisconsin, Retired from the burbs of Milwaukee

Default Re: Re: Squirts

Beautiful George, just freaking beautiful.

I think the problem is you made it painfully clear how idiotic the nonsensical conspiracy crap is and it hurt ffjerry to have his illusions crushed.

George..it is good to see you back in good form once again.

FyredUp

Forum Member

double ditto to that !!!!! LOL !
    IACOJ both divisions and PROUD OF IT !
    Pardon me sir.. .....but I believe we are all over here !
    ATTENTION ALL SHOPPERS: Will the dead horse please report to the forums.(thanks Motown)
    RAY WAS HERE 08/28/05
    LETHA' FOREVA' ! 010607
    I'm sorry, I haven't been paying much attention for the last 3 hours.....what were we discussing?
    "but I guarentee you I will FF your arse off" from>
    http://www.firehouse.com/forums/show...60#post1137060post 115

Forum Member

I still get a giggle out of this........

55 Years & Still Rolling
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Talking Me Too........................

What do you get someone who doesn't get it??

Of Course!! You get them - GEORGE!
    Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

Thread Information