Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

Default CANADA vs FINLAND for the GOLD!!

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO CANADA!!!!!!! It was a bit of a nailbiter

With Kipper in net for the Finland we have a hell of a battle ahead of us on Tuesday.

GO CANADA GO!!!

I decided to delete my post from where I first had it and start a new thread because someone decided to start bashing Canada again. Perhaps we can keep this thread a bit friendlier

Upon further developments I just had to add this ... Please excuse me while I go burn a big fatty, eh!! HAHAHAHAHA
    Last edited by RspctFrmCalgary; 01-05-2006 at 09:40 PM.
    September 11th - Never Forget

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    IACOJ CRUSTY CONVENTION CHAIR
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

MembersZone Subscriber

Well Sher,

You'll know where to find me on Tuesday. In the bar with a pint, and no doubt a hoarse voice from all the cheering (or screaming).

GO CANADA!

And good luck to the US in thier Bronze Medal game. If we can't be 1 & 2, at least we can send the rest of Europe packing.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Forum Member
    Now in Victoria, BC. I'm from beautiful Jasper Alberta in the heart of the Can. Rockies - will always be an Albertan at heart!

It sure would be nice to know WHEN the Bronze Medal game is!!!! I can't find info on it anywhere grrrrrrrrr

hmmmmm I know, I'll check some US sites instead.

Not even the official World Cup site has it I'm sooooooo confused!!!!
    Last edited by RspctFrmCalgary; 09-13-2004 at 08:28 PM.

I respect firefighters and emergency workers worldwide. Thank you for what you do.

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

MembersZone Subscriber

There is no bronze medal game. They played for a trophy not medals. Canada got the trophy. Finland got nothing but at least they got further than the U.S.

Forum Member

Yup I finally figured that out LOL

CONGRATULATIONS TEAM CANADA!!!!

WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

Forum Member

Yes, Congrats!

but now the hockey season is over...:

(NHL Lockout at midnight...
    Last edited by Bones42; 09-15-2004 at 09:03 AM.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

...this concludes hockey season until further notice!

No Salary Cap, No Season is what it boils down to.

From a Fire Prevention standpoint I hope that the owners have the current key in their Knox boxes as there hasn't been a lockout in a while!

Forum Member

Thumbs up

Congratulations Canada !!!

And due to the fact that Im half finnish I have to say that Im damn proud of my brothers and the way they played the game !

The fact that you may have a lock-out in the NHL means that players like Mattias Ohlund, Tomas "Homer" Holmstrom and Mikael Renberg will play for Lulea Hockey in the Swedish hockey league !! ( if there will be a lock-out ).

But of course i hope that they will solve the problem so that I can logg as many NHL-hours as possible in front of my TV
    Fredrik

Firefighter

Lulea firedep. Sweden

Forum Member

Yes, Team Finland certainly deserves a pat on the back for a job well done. It was good hockey. It is going to suck not having hockey this winter, the lock-out is a reality

Sheri
    Honorary Flatlander

RAY WAS HERE FIRST

MembersZone Subscriber

I was full-on expecting to see OT yesterday. Very good game, and Finland has nothing to be ashamed about (besides the second place finish that is. )

Now I can go grudginly into fall at least knowing that Lord Stanley has gotten his revenge.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Thread Information