Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ride-outs

Hey I have a good idea, why dont YOU look up all the people that have died because they fell out of bed or slipped down some stairs or got hit by an 18 wheeler. There is danger everywhere you go. Your talking about issues you dont even belong in and im sorry you all bringer downers feel the way you do. at the same time i can understand because unlike most of you i am able to see both sides of the issue. What an explorer does on scene is to be determined by your officer. If you have a problem because your not allowed to ride keep it to yourself.

I would like to end this thread personally because it is B-S and all it is giving us is a reason to have controversy. Places do it different all over get used to it and move on.
    FTM-PTB/Leather Forever

Your talking about issues you dont even belong in and im sorry you all bringer downers feel the way you do.
    It has been brought up on a public forum for discussion. We are only offering our input on what was brought up. If they didn't want other peoples thoughts and ideas, they wouldn't post things.

at the same time i can understand because unlike most of you i am able to see both sides of the issue.
    I'd say that all of us can see "both sides" pretty well for the most part. I think most "juniors" realize what an IDLH environment is, where hot and cold zones are, and where they should be. There's a little bit of their own account for things there, along with their departments choice.

If you have a problem because your not allowed to ride keep it to yourself.
    Who has the problem because they can't ride?

Umm if i recall correctly you said that... i believe it went something along the lines of juniors dont belong on apparatus or on calls for that matter...
    not exactly sure you'll have to check and read how unintelligent you sound. especially about the matter of you dont learn anything on calls... etc etc.
    FTM-PTB/Leather Forever

Nate, I just went through and reread EVERYTHING I've said throughout this thread, and nowhere in it did I see anything that is even close to that.

NO. Cadets, Juniors, Explorers, should NOT but in an IDLH environment, or in a place where their safety is at risk. Obviously some risks are going to have to be taken, like if you are riding on apparatus to calls. But you should never be in an IDLH or unsafe environment.
    If you read what I just quoted myself saying, you'll see that I acknowledge that we do have to take some risks if we are responding. We can take precautions to help prevent those risks, but they will always be there no matter what.

not exactly sure you'll have to check and read how unintelligent you sound. especially about the matter of you dont learn anything on calls... etc etc.
    Unintelligent? I've defended by beliefs, I've read through what others believe, and haven't said anybody is "wrong". I'm open to whatever people present, but I'm also going to stand behind my point without saying there is a right or wrong way. That'd be like me telling you that you should be ashamed for calling me unintelligent.

Lightbulb

Is it me or would that be like drivers ed but without the driving....Our Juniors are allowed to any and all calls as a "gopher". They are not allowed to enter and IDLH or "hot Zones". As training Captain on my department, the brass at the top should remember where they came from. On the job experience is like day and night to classroom. What the new guys experience in a controled enviroment will not and connot teach them the skills and knowledge that a actual structure fire can. To be completely honest, I would be lost and so would the other officers (the chief included), if we did have the extra hands to do the "side" jobs. I would be outraged if our town leaders said no to our program. You have no idea what your missing.

Is it me or would that be like drivers ed but without the driving....Our Juniors are allowed to any and all calls as a "gopher". They are not allowed to enter and IDLH or "hot Zones". As training Captain on my department, the brass at the top should remember where they came from. On the job experience is like day and night to classroom. What the new guys experience in a controled enviroment will not and connot teach them the skills and knowledge that a actual structure fire can. To be completely honest, I would be lost and so would the other officers (the chief included), if we did have the extra hands to do the "side" jobs. I would be outraged if our town leaders said no to our program. You have no idea what your missing.
    AMEN! finally someone who knows what they are talking about.
    FTM-PTB/Leather Forever

Forum Member

Originally posted by pelcap
    Ditto to what Nate said...

Thread Information