Thread: What a Guy !!

Forum Member

Default What a Guy !!

Hunter, Dreamer, Realist
    Complexity Infuses Senator's Ambition
    Washington Post

By Laura Blumenfeld

John Kerry eats dove. Even better, he shoots them. From behind the stalks of a Southern cornfield, he'll watch them flutter and dart, and fire.

"You clean them. Let them hang. It takes three or four birds to have a meal," said the Massachusetts senator. "You might eat it at a picnic, cold roasted. I love dove."

Dove, quail, duck, deer. Kerry described how to hunt and gut them, talking as he sliced through a steak at midnight after campaigning all day in Iowa for the Democratic presidential nomination. Carve out the heart, he said over dinner, pull out the entrails and cut up the meat. Bad table manners, perhaps, or good politics. After Sept. 11, 2001, some Democrats argue, they can't take the White House if they sound like doves. That is not a problem for the dove hunter. Kerry, 59, is the only combat veteran in the field. He stands 6-foot-4. He rides a Harley, plays ice hockey, snowboards, windsurfs, kitesurfs, and has such thick, aggressive hair he uses a brush with metal teeth.

"That's our slogan," quipped his ad man, Jim Margolis. "John Kerry: He's no weenie."

"He doesn't need a consultant to tell him how to dress like an alpha male," said his friend Ivan Schlager. "He is a damn alpha male."

And who is he, really?

A close associate hints: There's a secret compartment in Kerry's briefcase. He carries the black attaché everywhere. Asked about it on several occasions, Kerry brushed it aside. Finally, trapped in an interview, he exhaled and clicked open his case.

"Who told you?" he demanded as he reached inside. "My friends don't know about this."

The hat was a little mildewy. The green camouflage was fading, the seams fraying.

"My good luck hat," Kerry said, happy to see it. "Given to me by a CIA guy as we went in for a special mission in Cambodia."

Kerry put on the hat, pulling the brim over his forehead. His blue button-down shirt and tie clashed with the camouflage. He pointed his finger and raised his thumb, creating an imaginary gun. He looked silly, yet suddenly his campaign message was clear: Citizen-soldier. Linking patriotism to public service. It wasn't complex after all; it was Kerry.

He smiled and aimed his finger: "Pow."

http://www.johnkerry.com/pressroom/..._2003_0601.html

He (kerry) was in Wisconsin the other day, pretending to be a regular guy, and was asked what kind of hunting he preferred. "I'd have to say deer," said the senator. "I go out with my trusty 12-gauge double-barrel, crawl around on my stomach... That's hunting."

This caused huge hilarity among my New Hampshire neighbours. None of us has ever heard of anybody deer hunting by crawling around on his stomach, even in Massachusetts.

http://www.opinion.telegraph.co.uk/.../ixopinion.html

What a guy that John Kerry,
    SB (Local 1355 retired)

MembersZone Subscriber

The hat was a little mildewy. The green camouflage was fading, the seams fraying.

"My good luck hat," Kerry said, happy to see it. "Given to me by a CIA guy as we went in for a special mission in Cambodia."

Kerry put on the hat, pulling the brim over his forehead. His blue button-down shirt and tie clashed with the camouflage. He pointed his finger and raised his thumb, creating an imaginary gun. He looked silly, yet suddenly his campaign message was clear: Citizen-soldier. Linking patriotism to public service. It wasn't complex after all; it was Kerry.
    God, I hope he pulls out that bad boy during the debates. He will be a laughing stock.

Clinton is a detestable human being, but if you give him one thing, you have to say that he was a master campaigner. He supposedly has told Kerry to get off the Viet Nam kick and start talking about the issues. Apparently, Kerry is smarter than Clinton, too.

And, did Kerry get an endorsement from PETA yet? If he is crwaling around on his stomch hunting deer, I guess he doesn't eat too much venison.

Disillusioned Subscriber

He (kerry) was in Wisconsin the other day, pretending to be a regular guy...
    That's just priceless!
    Steve Gallagher
    IACOJ BOT
    ----------------------------
    "I don't apologize for anything. When I make a mistake, I take the blame and go on from there." - Woody Hayes

Forum Member

I've hunted in WI, and have NEVER seen or heard of someone crawling on their stomach. I don't think he would fit in.
    -Bozz

Air Force Medic

Forum Member

I wonder if he flies his corporate jet down to the southern corn fields to shoot some dove..that old alfa male
    SB (Local 1355 retired)

the 4-1-4

Maybe he was here, crawling on his "belly" hunting for "Lambert" field.

Forum Member

I don't think I have ever crawled around on my belly, hunting for anything. Not just animals, but stuff around the house.
    -Bozz

Air Force Medic

Forum Member

Note here that Mr. Kerry has said that he supports teh Second Amendment because he is a hunter. Not a single mention of handguns here, nor has he made one regarding the issue.

This is where England and Australia went about it. They went after handguns, leaving long guns in the hands of hunters. Then they went after the long guns.

If one group can have their weapons, everyone can.

Note that there is no defense made to the statement regarding the ineffectiveness of the use of weapons banned by the law. Note that there is no mention of the pathetically low use of these weapons in officer involved shootings or crime in general. Note that there is no defense to the statement that it has been illegal to own a fully automatic weapon since 1934 without a federal permit. Note that there is no mention of the fact that other laws already covered most of the items mentioned in this law.

I don't trust Kerry as far as I can throw him on this issue. The Dems lose on gun control every time and he knows it so he is trying to walk the fine line of being for gun owner rights, but all he mentions is hunters. What about recreational shooters such as myself. Don't fall for it guys and girls. He is talking out of one side of his face on this one.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Thread Information