Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fort Knox

Forum Member

Default Fort Knox

Does anyone have any info on Fort Knox or Fort Campbell. Have the positions at Knox been filled yet?

Forum Member

dont go to campbell i know many people that have went there and hated every minute of it.

Forum Member

The only thing good at Ft.Campbell is the deer hunting,,,,,,,,,I'll be there this weekend,,,,,,
    2 years ago I found a man in a car that was DUI,and had run off the road,,,When I returned with an MP the car was on fire with the man inside,,,The MP and myself pulled the person out,,a call was place to the Fire Dept. and they had NO clue to where we were at and when they did show up they weren't prepared,,,This is just what I have witnessed,,,I'm not saying the Fire section is bad,but I have seen Professionals at work,and these troops were not "all there"

Forum Member

Default Fort Campbell

I didn't really care for the place. I got to see a lot of action, get some good training needed for my job. I saw more working fires on the volunteer department outside the base that I was the deputy chief on. I have since relocated to another dod base and am loving it.

I still have friends at Campbell as well as Knox.

OSD122

Quote Originally Posted by OGFDChief3
    I didn't really care for the place. I got to see a lot of action, get some good training needed for my job. I saw more working fires on the volunteer department outside the base that I was the deputy chief on. I have since relocated to another dod base and am loving it.

I still have friends at Campbell as well as Knox.
    If you don't mind me asking, what DOD base are you at now?

Forum Member

Right now I'm in working at Fort McCoy. I'm looking at a bigger post that sees something other than blinking alarm panels and the occassional 6 gallon fuel spill. I thought Knox, Campbell or Bragg, something with a little size to it and a little more mutual aid requests. Definately want to stay Army though. For whatever reason they seem to have the most fires and medical runs compared to an air force base.

OSD122

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky02
    Right now I'm in working at Fort McCoy. I'm looking at a bigger post that sees something other than blinking alarm panels and the occassional 6 gallon fuel spill. I thought Knox, Campbell or Bragg, something with a little size to it and a little more mutual aid requests. Definately want to stay Army though. For whatever reason they seem to have the most fires and medical runs compared to an air force base.
    Thanks, Sparky.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky02 View Post
    Does anyone have any info on Fort Knox or Fort Campbell. Have the positions at Knox been filled yet?
    yes, but we will be putting out a couple more.

Forum Member

I wouldn't come to Ft. Knox personally. The majority of firefighters are looking to leave as it is like an open warzone between the chief and crews.
    There are multiple investigations, grievances, ULP's, EEO's and Congressionals out atm over all this. Stay put until all this gets resolved.

MembersZone Subscriber

I worked with a guy at Walter Reed who I beleaved transfer to Ft. Knox. If any of you work with Eddie Elkens, tell him Shrub said Hi.

Forum Member

Talked to Eddie today and he says "Hi" right back at ya!

Thread Information