MembersZone Subscriber

Default Pack up the Kids, Christian Day is coming next! (Unless the ACLU hears about it)

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=40438

Some things are just too unbelievable for words.
    Proud Right-Wing Extremist since 1992

"Extreme Liberalism is a Mental Disorder"- Michael Savage

Forum Member

I find this article interesting for the fact that there is a six flags like park near where I live. I think it is called action park and a couple of times a year a huge group of hasidic (sp) jewish people rent the place for the whole day and no one else can go in. Just like this article I find it completely ridiculous.

MembersZone Subscriber

Yep..This is really ridiculous
    Andrew
    Firefighter/EMT
    New Jersey

It's private property, and it's not a necessary public accomodation (like hotels, transport, restaurants).

If a group wants to rent it for the day, they can.
    IACOJ Canine Officer
    20/50

Forum Member

Dalmation90 you are absolutely correct and I agree that these people should have that right to do so. However if you had another group try to do this; lets say as tillerman mentioned the "christians" there might be a huge uproar and that is whats ridiculous.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by Dalmatian90
    It's private property, and it's not a necessary public accomodation (like hotels, transport, restaurants).

If a group wants to rent it for the day, they can.
    It doesn't say that the park is being rented out. It says that the groups "arranged for" exclusive use. And therein lies the problem.

Arguably, a restaurant is private property. What if I, as a restaurant owner, capitulated to the KKK and let them talk me into having a "Whites Only" day. Of course I would never do it, but it points out the hypocrisy of people who allow this nonsense to occur.

My kids' HS has clubs for gays, for minorities, for atheists, etc. But try to start a club for wihte kids. Try to start a club for Christians. The school would be overrun with protesters and lawsuits. And rightly so.

There are gay cruises, gay days at Disney World, gay pride parades, parades celebrating every nationality and ethnic group in the world. Want to start a riot? Stage a Caucasian Day parade.

Its wrong and it is just another example of the liberal double standard.

Forum Member

Originally posted by GeorgeWendtCFI
    There are gay cruises, gay days at Disney World, gay pride parades, parades celebrating every nationality and ethnic group in the world. Want to start a riot? Stage a Caucasian Day parade.

Its wrong and it is just another example of the liberal double standard.
    Yeah, because the Republicans would never let the gays have their own parade!

Sorry George....

Forum Member

How would you keep anyone out in this case? What I mean is that anyone could show up and claim to be muslim and go right in. Heck, I'm atheist (and an ACLU member) but if I had a holiday planned only to get to the gates and be told it was Muslim Only day I'd be like, "As sala'amu alaikum. Now where's my ticket?" It's a religion not a race. In fact it's a very large religion based on this quote from- http://islam.about.com/blintroa.htm?PM=ss12_islam -
    --------------
    Islam is a major world religion, with over 1 billion followers worldwide (1/5 of the world population). It is considered one of the Abrahamic, monotheistic faiths, along with Judaism and Christianity. Although usually associated with the Arabs of the Middle East, less than 10% of Muslims are in fact Arab. Muslims are found all over the world, of every nation, color and race. Muslim majorities are found throughout the Middle East, North Africa, East Asia and the Pacific Islands. Large numbers are also found in Western Europe, the former Soviet Union, and North America.
    ------------
    So go to the park and have a good time. If there are any questions you just tell them that you are liberal muslim but because of recent events you are keeping a low profile and are trying to conform to socal standards so as to not become a target of someone's hate. Truthfully I've gone to seveal "theme days" at theme parks and never had a problem with any of them. Well, except for the the time my foreskin was spotted while standing at the urinal in the mens restroom at a park during "Jewish Celebration". I just told them that I had been procrastinating but I'd snip the little sucker off as soon as I got home.

Forum Member

cellblock......... little too much info there at the end.......

As for the Muslim Day...... Do you have to be a crad-carrying Muslim to get in?????????

I just have a bad feeling about this..........

George......... Great response....

MembersZone Subscriber

It doesn't say that the park is being rented out. It says that the groups "arranged for" exclusive use. And therein lies the problem.
    That just means that the Muslims promised not to bomb the park. Sorry, couldn't resist.
    TO/EMT CVFD (1219)
    EMT GEMS
    CPT/EMT MVFD
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Proud Member of IACOJ
    ---------------------------------------------------
    9-11-01 Never Forget FDNY 343

Forum Member

While I don't think it's a great idea, I don't see it as a big problem. A company I worked for in the past had exclusive use for a theme park in TX for a night. Don't remember that causing a stink for anyone during that. Matter of fact, the boardwalk rides were opened yesterday for town residents only, had to show ID to get in. And I'm betting the park is rented for the day, even though the wording is not that way....specially since the park is normally CLOSED during the week now.
    "This thread is being closed as it is off-topic and not related to the fire industry." - Isn't that what the Off Duty forum was for?

Forum Member

And I thought it was bad when Cedar Point decided to make their annual Gay Pride Day on Father's Day........

Forum Member

Maybe Cedar Point could sponsor an Infidel Day?

It could work!

MembersZone Subscriber

Just to clarify, I am not going to go either way on this article, I just thought the article was interesting.

Although from reading more about the Park, it seems like a Sewer Anyway, so I guess it doesn't really matter. I heard there aren't even 72 Virgins in that part of NJ....

From what I gathered, several Muslim Groups did a Corporate buyout of the park for the day. And Bones is right, the Park is Closed on the particular day of the event.

go to www.rightnation.us and read some of the comments on this subject in the "news" section.

MembersZone Subscriber

Originally posted by TillerMan25
    Just to clarify, I am not going to go either way on this article, I just thought the article was interesting.

Although from reading more about the Park, it seems like a Sewer Anyway, so I guess it doesn't really matter. I heard there aren't even 72 Virgins in that part of NJ....

From what I gathered, several Muslim Groups did a Corporate buyout of the park for the day. And Bones is right, the Park is Closed on the particular day of the event.

go to www.rightnation.us and read some of the comments on this subject in the "news" section.
    I agree on one point:

1. Great Adventure is absolutely a sewer. I wouldn't take my family there on George Wendt Day.

MembersZone Subscriber

The crack about the New Jersey virgins was just a joke BTW, don't need any New Jersians coming down the Pike to track me down....

George, we have Six Flags American down here and it is a Sewer too. Anything you put in P.G. County Maryland pretty much turns into a Sewer pretty quick. Surpirsingly, The site that S.F.A. sits on has been a theme park since the 1970's. First as "Wild World," then "Adventure World" and now Six Flags.

It was basically a Water Park with a few Roller Coasters before Six Flags took over.

Forum Member

And let's not forget to toast the dopey headline writer who said the park was "drawing fire" for the event. Of all the bad choices of words for a story about Muslims...

And if you were a Muslim, wouldn't you be a little squirrelly about getting together in a place that is supposed to be exclusively Muslims for the day? Wouldn't you worry about some wacko anti-Muslim group trying to do something?
    I am more than just a serious basketball fan. I am a life-long addict. I was addicted from birth, in fact, because I was born in Kentucky.
    ― Hunter S. Thompson

Forum Member

Originally posted by EastKyFF
    Wouldn't you worry about some wacko anti-Muslim group trying to do something?
    I was thinking the same thing. Especially when you consider that prior to 9/11 the deadliest terrorist attack on US soil was conceived and executed by right wing Christian extremists.
    Politics is like driving. To go forward select "D", to go backward select "R."

the 4-1-4

Originally posted by scfire86

I was thinking the same thing. Especially when you consider that prior to 9/11 the deadliest terrorist attack on US soil was conceived and executed by right wing Christian extremists.
    Are you referencing the Oklahoma City bombing here? I only ask because I don't remember reading anything about McVeigh using religion as a motivator for what he did. I was under the belief that he was a little miffed about the US government.Just so were clear on this, my opinion on any person who uses religion to kill, is that they are a fanatic and should be treated as such. Right wing or LEFT wing. I do forget though, just exactly who it is that developed and mastered the art of suicide bombing.

Forum Member

Originally posted by jasper45
    I do forget though, just exactly who it is that developed and mastered the art of suicide bombing.
    I would have to say that was the Japanese.

And the OKC bombing wasn't done by a 'suicider' (as Bush likes to say).

MembersZone Subscriber

Funny, I just got done reading an entire Biography on McVeigh and the timeline leading up to the OKC Bombing. And aside from him being a Gun Nut and a extremely P.O'd by what happened at Waco (another Clinton Flub) I didn't see anything about religion at all.

I know there are Christian Extremist Groups too, but we're not talking about them. Wanna go into Abortion Clinic Bombings? Then we can talk Christian Extremist Groups.

And FYI: The Japanese were very sloppy about Kamikaze Bombing. They indiscriminately dove planes into the decks of Aircraft Carriers, they sunk a few, but they did not Master the Art with the precision guidance that one guy with a Bomb Strapped to him could do to a Civilian Populace.

I would vote for the Palestinians or the Viet Cong.
    Last edited by TillerMan25; 09-15-2004 at 02:47 PM.

Forum Member

Tiller,

How could you possibly say such a thing about John's "peace loving friends?" Why, the gall to suggest such a thing.

Forum Member

Originally posted by TillerMan25
    P.O'd by what happened at Waco (another Clinton Flub) I didn't see anything about religion at all.
    An operation conceived by all those liberals at the BATF and FBI.

MembersZone Subscriber

I am sorry Mr. Kerry for insulting your Palestinian Friends. I know they are just misunderstood souls who want peace with the Israelis.

On another note, in accordance with SCFIRE86's post about Christian Extremist Groups:

"I condemn any terrorist action and denounce any group who would commit a terrorist action in the name of my God. Christianity is Religion of peace that has no room for Blasphemous Tyrants and Terrorist to Commit Murder and Terrorize Innocent people in the name of God Almighty."

There, let me see someone from Mainstream Islam hand out a statement like that!

MembersZone Subscriber

An operation conceived by all those liberals at the BATF and FBI.
    Nope, an Operation that was let to Fester by the Incompetent Liberals in the White House and the Department of Justice (Janet Reno.)She proved her incompetency by letting the situation last as long as it did with inaction and failed negotiations. She failed there and she failed with the Elian Gonzales situation. She was a failure and she made a Mockery of all Federal Law Enforcement Agencies.

Thread Information