Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Trucks ----- Chevy vs. Ford

This is just a poll to see which is the prefered truck. Sorry Dodge guys, only Ford and Chevy. No need to explain your answer, just which one do you prefer?

Well DUH! GMC baby. I know it isn't in the list BUT since it basically a Chevy that looks better I choose it. Has to be 2500HD with the Duramax Diesel though.

Oh yeah - NO LEATHER.

Leather does not belong in a pick-up truck.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

The borrower is slave to the lender. Proverbs 22:7 - Debt free since 10/5/2009.

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

www.daveramsey.com www.clarkhoward.com www.heritage.org

Default Agree

I 100% agree with the no leather in a pickup. It just doesn't belong. Now the GMC thing, about 75%. I have been driving a dodge at work and it's quite nice. Otherwise it is GMC

Chev
    To the world you might be one person, but to one person you just might be the world.

IACOJ-WOT proud

GO WHITE SOX!!!!!

Default au contraire

Originally posted by DaSharkie
    Oh yeah - NO LEATHER.

Leather does not belong in a pick-up truck.
    Leather does belong in a pickup

In the bed, attaching 4 legs to a nice set of antlers

I drive a 1997 Ford F150 Supercab 4x4. It still looks new (I am a clean car fanatic!). I have 72K miles on it... one warranty repair, and other than tie rod replacement the only expenses I have had is routine maintenance ( lube, oil, filter, brakes, etc. etc. etc.)

My truck is not a work truck. I like it for the convienience of being able to go to Home Cheapot to get stuff for projects and haul stuff when necessary.

My truck does not have leather, but I do prefer it. Leather is a lot easier to clean after taking the dogs for a ride than vacuuming dog hair from the cloth seating surfaces!
    ‎"The education of a firefighter and the continued education of a firefighter is what makes "real" firefighters. Continuous skill development is the core of progressive firefighting. We learn by doing and doing it again and again, both on the training ground and the fireground."
    Lt. Ray McCormack, FDNY

Cap, I agree with you that leather cleans up easier, my new Subie has leather and I do like it (though I NEVER thought I would) but it just doesn't seem right in a pick up. A truck is meant to work and haul stuff. Maybe it's just me being a freak - I am known to do that every once in a while.
    "Too many people spend money they haven't earned, to buy things they don't want, to impress people they don't like." Will Rogers

"No man's life, liberty, or property are safe while the legislature is in session." - New York Judge Gideon Tucker

"As Americans we must always remember that we all have a common enemy, an enemy that is dangerous, powerful and relentless. I refer, of course, to the federal government." - Dave Barry

Thumbs up

Finally Sharkie knows what he's talkin about!! Hahaha.... just kidding there. Freak! nawww...

Hell yeah on GMC, and I speak from experience when I say that leather just doesn't work in a truck. I'm not even convinced that most SUV's should have it, either.
    ~Kevin
    Firefighter/Paramedic
    --^v--^v--^v--^v--
    Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong
    Dennis Miller

MembersZone Subscriber mcaldwell's Avatar

I dunno, somehow dead cow seats seem to fit right in with a farm or work truck.

I love leather seats for the ease of cleaning, comfort, and look. The are easier to spillproof and waterproof as well.
    Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

IACOJ

Freak! nawww...
    My wife, friends, and classmates will probably disagree with you on that one.

Forum Member

I choose the Chevy definatley a better looking truck ford just plain sux! What do ya'll think about cars? I choose cadillac or lincoln! ya know some big ghetto cruiser! Ive got a 89 caddy broughm and im only 14 its pretty cool! (its my 2nd car) My friends hate it though!
    Kat

Champaign Explorer Post 207

MembersZone Subscriber

Thumbs up

Chevrolet for me

MembersZone Subscriber dmleblanc's Avatar
    Not the end of the earth but I can see it from here...

Oh yeah - NO LEATHER
    Wait, I'm confused...I thought everyone here LOVED leather. No, wait a minute, that's for helmets.

I'm so glad that someone came up with something original to argue about instead of the usual "leather vs. plastic", "quint vs. ladder", "Seagrave vs. LaFrance", "engine vs. truck", "vollie vs.paid", "Union vs. non-union", "red trucks vs. every-other-color-of-the-rainbow", ad infinitum, ad nauseum.

DM, leather belongs on a helmet, not on a pickup seat! If GM wants to use all the leather, they should start building helmets. Can ya see that -- they'd have mirrors, airbags, CD players.
    ~Kevin
    Firefighter/Paramedic
    --^v--^v--^v--^v--
    Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong
    Dennis Miller

55 Years & Still Rolling hwoods's Avatar
    Glenn Dale Md, Heart of the P.G. County Fire Belt....

Wink WELL!!........................ ........

Youse guys got a lot of nerve. DODGE!!!!!!!!!

IF, you want a real truck, that is......

Never use Force! Get a Bigger Hammer.
    In memory of
    Chief Earle W. Woods, 1912 - 1997
    Asst. Chief John R. Woods Sr. 1937 - 2006

IACOJ Budget Analyst

I Refuse to be a Spectator. If I come to the Game, I'm Playing.

www.gdvfd18.com

I choose the Chevy definatley a better looking truck ford just plain sux! What do ya'll think about cars? I choose cadillac or lincoln! ya know some big ghetto cruiser! Ive got a 89 caddy broughm and im only 14 its pretty cool! (its my 2nd car) My friends hate it though!
    Ummm...The hell?

14 and you already have 2 cars? Riiight.

And we all know the new CXT will beat up all other trucks

MembersZone Subscriber Firefighter1219's Avatar

Ford F-250 all the way.
    TO/EMT CVFD (1219)
    EMT GEMS
    CPT/EMT MVFD
    ---------------------------------------------------
    Proud Member of IACOJ
    ---------------------------------------------------
    9-11-01 Never Forget FDNY 343

Chevy all the way! Why didn't you make this a poll so we could vote?

My original intent was to have this as a poll but i couldnt figure out how. I am still pretty new to these forums so if i figure out how to start a poll i will.

I agree with Dasharkie and kghemtp, GMC all the way! Ford is also good, but I like GMC better!
    Proud to be IACOJ!
    MD FF/EMT

Thread Information