MembersZone Subscriber

Question National registry for FF1

Hey everyone,
    I have a Nj state FF1 certificate, however I am now stationed in CT now active duty with the Navy. I wanted to register my state cert nationally, that way I can avoid going through another FF1 class. WIth my work schedule and shift rotation, I just dont have the time to go through another FF1 class, but I definitely can't see the future without being in a fire dept. Any help or links would be really appreciated. thanks RCZ

Forum Member

Default Re: National registry for FF1

Originally posted by zeus0925
    Hey everyone,
    I have a Nj state FF1 certificate, however I am now stationed in CT now active duty with the Navy. I wanted to register my state cert nationally, that way I can avoid going through another FF1 class. WIth my work schedule and shift rotation, I just dont have the time to go through another FF1 class, but I definitely can't see the future without being in a fire dept. Any help or links would be really appreciated. thanks RCZ
    Good Luck......... There are no Fire Certifications that I am aware of that are good in every state........ That is something that many of us would love to see, not just for those who want to move, but for general standardization.......

Forum Member

Try www.theproboard.org. Probably the closest thing to a "national" FF cert. Although not all states that are part of the ProBoard adhere to the resiprocity policies. You may also want to call the CT state fire marshal's office (or whoever does FF certification in the state) and see what kind of reciprocity they have set up with NJ certs. Good luck.

unrepentant fool
    back home for the first time in MANY years

There are two entities that accredit FF certification programs:

IFSAC -- www.ifsac.org
    NPQB -- www.theproboard.org

If your certification has been awarded by a program that either or both of these organizations recognizes as a participating member, you can generally transfer your certifications to another state that is a participating member. Notice that I do say "generally," as there are exceptions.

MembersZone Subscriber

Thanks for the replies gentlemen. I will take a look at those links and see if i have any luck.

Thread Information