Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
    MembersZone Subscriber SafetyLighting's Avatar

Default Warren, Rhode Island Ff Collapses At Fire; Later Dies

My sincerest apologies to Warren Fire and the family of Firefighter O'Brien. I believe my department is providing station coverage for the services, but if there is anything else that you need, please do not hesitate to ask.

"""Associated Press

WARREN, R.I. (AP) -- Warren firefighters are mourning the loss of one of their own. Richard O'Brien died Friday. He was a veteran Warren firefighter and a former Town Council president. The Providence Journal reports that O'Brien was responding to a kitchen fire at one of the properties he owns on Water Street. O'Brien opened a few windows to let heavy smoke out of the kitchen, then collapsed. Fire Chief Alexander Galinelli said a Warren rescue truck took O'Brien to Rhode Island Hospital, where he was pronounced dead. The 63-year-old was described by friends as a dedicated public servant and family man. State police are investigating the incident. The only damage to the building was smoke damage on the third floor."""
    Last edited by SafetyLighting; 09-14-2004 at 09:50 PM.
    John D. Cummings
    Safety Lighting and Equipment
    Rehoboth MA
    508-379-6013
    www.safetylightingandequipment .com
    sales@safetylightingandequipme nt.com

Farewell to a New England brother. While we never want our own to pass, one has to hope that he felt proud to be a firefighter in the last moments of his life. Best of luck to the family of Firefighter O'Brien.
    ~Kevin
    Firefighter/Paramedic
    --^v--^v--^v--^v--
    Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong
    Dennis Miller

Forum Member

I would like to express my deepest sympathy to the O'Brien family, the members of Engine Company 2, and the rest of the Warren Fire Department for the loss of a truly extrordinary gentleman.

Today, I had the honor of participating in Richard O'Brien's funeral services. What I saw, reflected in the faces of those who knew and loved him, was a celebration of the life of a dedicated and loving husband, father, firefighter, and friend.

Though I had only met him briefly, he left me with the impression that I had always known him. He will truly be missed by all whose lives that he touched, and his spirit will always live on.

To my brother, Pat, and your family. You are in the thoughts and prayers of my own family. May the wonderful memories of your father help to comfort you during this time of sadness.

Farewell, My Brother

JW
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thread Information