Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New

Default New

Hello all. Im an explorer From Winter Haven, Fla. I started In feb of this yr. I am 1 of maybe 6 explorers in the dept, so the explorer program is not as glamorus as many other depts. A t-shirt, helmet, gloves, and safty vest is the uniform. Anyway, The other morning I went to ride and i found out that "Until further notice all non-employees and explorers are no longer permitted to ride." So Ive been pretty bummed out because i dont know if this is the end of the program. I was up there evry weekend and days off from school. So that was pretty much my life. It wasnt said but i believe this was due to the ambulance crash that killed a Polk County FF. So even though i cant ride Im still going to go to the station for the comrodery. Right now Im just hoping this is a temporary thing. I was wondering if some people could tell me what their program is like. Thanks!

Forum Member

after we do training we can ride, do anyhing our Ofc says except enter hot zone or go on roof
    All our ride outs as of now need to be schudaled like 3 weeks in advanced, i am trying to get that changed though

Wow 3 wks! How many members do you have in you program?
    Anything Goes!

"I have no ambition in ths world but one, and that is to be a fireman. The position in the eyes of some, may appear to be a lowly one; but we know the work which a fireman has to do believe his is a noble calling. Our proudest moment is to save lives. Under the impulse of such thoughts, the nobility of the occupation thrills us, and stimulates us to do deeds of daring, even of supreme sacrafice." ---- Edward F. Crocker Cheif of Department FDNY 1899-1911

Forum Member

6 or 8 wew a new post though

Forum Member

I usualy call in the morning around 810 and just ask the snr officer if he has any room and if it is ok to ride.
    FF I
    FF II
    Hazmat Operations
    EMT-B
    ---------------------------------------------------

The light at the end of the tunnel has been temporarly shut off due to the current work load. The Mangement

When all else fails USE DUCT-TAPE!!!

My views posted in this fourm are my personal views only and do not reflect on any agencies that I am afiliated with.

Thread Information