Thread: What do you do?

Forum Member

Default What do you do?

I know this has been posted many many times before, but I don't care. So here goes...

What do you do for training? Do you train just as a post, or are do you train with the rest of the department?

Are you allowed to ride along? If so, what are your responsibilities and/or abilities?
    -Bozz

Air Force Medic

Default we do this

hey i joined my station at the age of 15 years old im almost 17 now but when i was 15 i was able to train with the dept. but not able to go on the truck to calls once the age of 16 i was ready to hop on the piece and do pretty much everything except go inside of a burning building thats my dept though im not sure how the other depts are.

Forum Member

I know this has been posted many many times before, but I don't care. So here goes...

What do you do for training? Do you train just as a post, or are do you train with the rest of the department?

Are you allowed to ride along? If so, what are your responsibilities and/or abilities?
    We train as both, mainly with the dept., but we do more specific things when we train as a post.

We can ride in our apparatus whenever a call its paged out and there is room for us (I.E. superiority, which in our dept. goes with training to determine that, unofficially).

In regards to what we cannot do interior attacks or extrication; other then that things are on a situational basis.
    Last edited by FiftyOnePride; 09-20-2004 at 03:12 PM.
    JLS
    MFC
    51 Pride - R.I.P. Sandy
    Alarm 200644004, I won't ever forget.

Remember you only have 1*.

IACOJ

Forum Member

Arrow

We do our own training. They say we get in the way. Ok, whatever. So when I was home over the summer, I set up and ran most of the trainings. Now some of the FF have been saying the explorers have more training than they do (sorry, had to brag ). We only work with the department if they need a victim to practice on.

We do not respond.

Forum Member

we train once a week with just the explorers and twice a month with the whole dept.

we are able to ride out on every truck, as long as we have passed all of the test and have gotten off our probationary period.

we can do anything a real ff can except: enter a burning structure, have direct pt care. or opperate the jaws of life.
    IF YOU FOLLOW ALL OF THE RULES YOU MISS ALL OF THE FUN.

Moose (Post 2028 Vice President/ Command Officer)Explorer Highland Twp. Fire/Rescue Dept.

Any Questions Contact Me At Moose20282@yahoo.com

These Are My Opinions, Not that of My Dept. or Any other Orgnazition I Belong to.

Forum Member

"Back in the day" our adviseors took the Mass fire academy cadet book and we followed the "EXPLORERIZED" version.
    I dont suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Forum Member

We only work with the department if they need a victim to practice on.
    You ever hear of Firefighter Bradley Golden? Probaly not.
    Lairdsville Revisited
    NEVER FORGET!
    9/11/01

Forum Member

I joined when I was 15....Now My dept didn't really have a post, so we just trained with the regular members on the weekley training night....As for what we could do...We had a couple restrictions....We weren't able to ride on 1st Due for house fires,no hotzone,not allowed to run extrication tools and weren't supposed to go on med calls but if we did we were to stay outside until it was time to go in which we would help with removing the patient from the home...
    If someone with multiple personalities threatens to kill himself, is it considered a hostage situation?

Ryan

Thread Information